Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Done Downing Diet Dew, Dramatic Declines Demonstrated, Documented
Quote: @"SkolVikings44" said:
I've been overall drinking less alcohol lately, but I seem to give into soda pop more easily throughout the week. Nothing crazy, maybe 4-6 cans a week (more if I go,out to eat), but it makes my mouth dry out quickly. I can tell it is harming my body. When my current supply runs out at home, I am planning on just stocking Powerade or Gatorade Zeros.
All sweet drinks mess with your body,  regardless of where that sweetness comes from, if you want to get away from the sweets drinks all together, try some of those drink  mixes  that allow you to set the strength and slowly wean yourself down until you are just drinking  tinted water and you won't even know you quit. Smile

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"SkolVikings44" said:
I've been overall drinking less alcohol lately, but I seem to give into soda pop more easily throughout the week. Nothing crazy, maybe 4-6 cans a week (more if I go,out to eat), but it makes my mouth dry out quickly. I can tell it is harming my body. When my current supply runs out at home, I am planning on just stocking Powerade or Gatorade Zeros.
All sweet drinks mess with your body,  regardless of where that sweetness comes from, if you want to get away from the sweets drinks all together, try some of those drink  mixes  that allow you to set the strength and slowly wean yourself down until you are just drinking  tinted water and you won't even know you quit. Smile
Agree.  Water (maybe add a lemon/lime) is by far the best thirst quencher.  The benefits to the whole body of drinking water are endless - for us older guys, it is great to prevent kidney stones, good for prostate and is great for your skin.  

A lot of the "other" drinks use sugar substitutes that are low carb many then have a high amount of sodium/salt.  The Gatorades/Powerades are only beneficial after a heavy workout to replace electrolytes and the vast majority of us don't need that unless we are working out for a couple hours like our kids playing football, soccer, basketball.

JimmyinSD suggestion is the best...slowly wean yourself away from soda with as much water as possible.  Your body will take a couple weeks to adjust but then you will see and feel the benefits.  I was not a huge soda drinker, maybe one a day, but I usually drink at least 4 cups of coffee so that was my main source of sugar.  Eliminating sugar from my coffee was the first step I did that eventually led me to drop 30 lbs.

Now I can taste added sugar in anything and it is not desirable.   The only 3 things I drink - water all day and every meal with lemon/lime, black coffee all morning, and when I drink it is vodka/club (not tonic - tons of sugar and sodium).  

Good luck, you will feel the difference in a couple weeks! 

If you drink soda for the caffeine as much as for the taste, I would suggest switching to coffee/tea.

The results of the largest study ever done on coffee and mortality were just released, and it's pretty clear that coffee is not only harmless, but could also have some pretty substantial health benefits.

However, this means drinking actual coffee, not the coffee flavored milkshakes that you see everyone carrying around nowadays.   Smile

"A couple of massive new studies that looked at hundreds of thousands of people for about 16 years finds that a few cups of coffee a day could lower your risk of dying prematurely."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/healthtr...ar-BBEapJ4

@SFVikingFan I saw that yesterday... Man I am going to live forever! 

I am lucky to have a wife who gets up before me and usually has a cup of coffee on my nightstand that I wake up to. 

More on the coffee front from the Blue Zone - they study area's of the world where they have the most centenarians who are living healthy.  

Science Confirms: Coffee Can Add Years to Your LifeWhat’s the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning? For many Americans, the day begins by trudging to the coffee pot or stopping for a daily latte before rushing into the office. Coffee is a daily ritual in Blue Zones areas, as well. Sardinians, Ikarians and Nicoyans start their days with a cup, lightly sweetened without cream. In addition to a daily cup of coffee, Blue Zones centenarians drink water, tea and wine.
 Full link:
https://bluezones.com/2017/07/science-co...Newsletter&utm_campaign=3bfe851f40-COFFEE_2017_07_10&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_9642311849-3bfe851f40-198256709&mc_cid=3bfe851f40&mc_eid=fe7340997b

Lol Mike, if my wife gets up before me, she pretends I dont even exist for half of the day...

I like my coffee like I do my women...dark and rich. Well at least I got one of those with my sweetie! Smile