Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Done Downing Diet Dew, Dramatic Declines Demonstrated, Documented
About mid April, I finished the bottle of diet Dew in my frig...I used to down about a six pack of bottles a day...I had worked my way down to about two to four a day...but never completely off...replaced it with raspberry green tea and about a gallon of water a day...down about 15lbs...boarding on a three pants size drop...about 10 lbs from my goal weight, might drop another 10 to get down to 225 @ 6'-5"...

Not sure if it's related, but my allergies which seemed to be getting worse every spring and summer have been a complete non factor...also noticed that the arthritis that I was getting in my hand has diminished...can't remember the last time I took an Aleeve...

Pop/Soda is the worst thing ever.  I was a heavy pop drinker at one point too and kicked the habit by drinking a gallon of water a day.  Dropped weight, felt better, the whole nine yards.  Got back on the stuff and am having a heck of a time dropping it again.

Wow. My doctor told me that the negative of diet carbonated drinks is that you drink enough and your stomach stretches, making it harder to achieve that satisfied feeling when you do eat. Not to mention the chemicals...

I pound La Croix (carbonated water) like you used to pound Diet Dew. Oddly, I'm constantly feeling full-bellied, yet hungry. Thinking of curbing my carbonation fix.

Quote: @El_Padre said:
Pop/Soda is the worst thing ever.  I was a heavy pop drinker at one point too and kicked the habit by drinking a gallon of water a day.  Dropped weight, felt better, the whole nine yards.  Got back on the stuff and am having a heck of a time dropping it again.
You can do it! Its worth it...

I don't know how you drank that much soda in one day. Did it make you jittery at all or interfere with your sleep? Good job on quitting the stuff. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
I don't know how you drank that much soda in one day. Did it make you jittery at all or interfere with your sleep? Good job on quitting the stuff. 
Not at all...hell, I used to have one right before bed...

I've said this before... I was a 6-12 can a day diet coke drinker and quit it cold turkey about 1.5 years ago... gained about 25 pounds since.... ugh.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@Vikergirl said:
Not at all...hell, I used to have one right before bed...
Lol. I guess people respond differently to soda. Too much caffeine makes me sleepy. I find soda much too sweet now anyway. 

Well I just met with the endocrinologist this morning...... Not sure you guys want to hear what he had to say about this stuff. But you should stop drinking all of it ASAP depending on how long you want to live or depending on how likely you are to beat the odds. 

Congrats Barr.  Quitting anything is tough. 

When Doc said I was approaching high blood pressure, I asked if there was anything I could try prior to the BP pills.
He said "How much Caffeine do you drink?" 

I said "A lot"

He said "If you're willing to make a lifestyle change and eliminate caffeine you BP will drop"

Sure enough it did

The soda wasn't a big deal, but the sweet tea.......it STILL haunts / tempts me.