Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Spider-Man Movie?
Max, you are correct. I got thrown off because Spiderman is a Sony property that I guess they let Marvel Studios produce while they are still distributing it. Hard to keep up with the business side.

It's the stuff in the Marvel Comics Universe that's been pretty damn solid film after film.

Marvel has the formula down and even though DC has so much great material, most of the films don't work well on screen because the right people aren't working on them. 

The movie was great. I took the family to see it on opening night.

The Sam Raining Spider-Man movies were fun (1 & 2 at least, with Doc Oc being the best super villain yet), but they didn't age well, and weren't in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

The last movies with Andrew Garfield were pretty awful. Garfield was way too mopey, and just came across a bit emo to be Peter Parker.

These were created by Sony after trying to ride the superhero wave. They sucked.

For Civil War, Sony cut a deal with Disney to include Spider-Man into the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU).

Smartest thing they've done. Tom Holland is the best Peter Parker by a long shot, and this is the best incarnation of Spider-Man yet. They took some liberties with his suit, etc, but it works well and integrates him further into the MCU.

I can tell you as a lifelong Spider-Man fan (I literally learned to read by reading both Spider-Man and Batman comics), that this is the best big screen version of him yet!

Also, Venom is being made, and will star Tom Hardy. I don't believe that Venom will be in the MCU (potential big mistake given that his history intertwines with Spider-Man's).

Just saw it this weekend and it is one of the best Spider Man movies to date. 
My only minor complaint is the new Spidey suit.  It's too Tony Stark.  Tony needs all the gadgets and gizmo's, after all he's mortal.  But Spider Man used to rely on his "spider sense tingling" to know when there was danger afoot or someone was being less than honest...not "Karen" chattering away in his ear asking him if he want the "death mode" activated!
But Holland is a much better Peter Parker than Garfield.