Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey Coach Z....its officially weird now...
Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@greediron said:
Also, Seems that Hill has replaced Remmers?  I think it was in regards to Remmers, Zim said he has passed the concussion tests.  And had passed before Detroit.  Maybe the long layoff, he needs to get back in shape?  Or Hill has replaced him?

We'll find out today, but I could swear in was still in the concussion protocol...
Remmers passed concussion protocol Tues night or Wednesday so Hill had taken a majority of the reps on a short week. Since he wasn't a liability against the Rams it probably made sense to stick with him in Det to get Remmers a full week of practice before getting back on the field. 

I like the way Zimmer is playing it.  Case has been a great QB for us so far but there are a plethora of QB's who have come in and played great for a season then crashed and burned.  Keep a fire under Case and Teddy no one is guaranteed anything.

Vikings RT Mike Remmers has cleared the concussion protocol.
Remmers returned to a limited practice on Wednesday and should be back in the lineup this week following a three-game absence. His return will push Rashod Hill back to the bench.

Quote: @PSBLAKE said:
I like the way Zimmer is playing it.  Case has been a great QB for us so far but there are a plethora of QB's who have come in and played great for a season then crashed and burned.  Keep a fire under Case and Teddy no one is guaranteed anything.
Couldn't agree more. I'm relieved, actually, at Zimmer's quote and his approach to this. In my opinion it means he's being smart about it and not getting swept away by media and fans who only know the "now" and don't remember how many times we've seen backups come in and play well in a good offense....the Marc Bulgers and the Jake Delhommes and the Nick Foles.

No, you don't replace a QB as hot as Keenum just because your starter is healthy. But naming Keenum the "starter for the rest of the year" which, for some bewildering reason, is what some fans and media seem to want, would be the most foolish thing he could do. Zimmer just isn't that stupid. By saying we're going to go one week at a time he not only keeps himself out of a straitjacket, he keeps the fire lit under Keenum, which seems to be working pretty well right now. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Isn't that what they all said? Well now they want to fix it. 

simple really. It is working and they do not have a $25 million dollar QB that they are beholden to. Nice place to be for now.

I'm fine with Zimmer not naming Case the starter long-term for now. No need to. That said, I think the salty, old coach could toss a few more public, positive accolades at Keenum. Case has earned em. 

I heard on the radio here today that if Gabbert doesn't pan out, that Keenum would be a guy they might go after this offseason....

Andrew Krammer‏ @Andrew_Krammer 14h14 hours ago
More
#Vikings RT Mike Remmers is in the clear with his concussion, but he's dealing with a low back injury that limited him today in practice.

It's mostly filler for fans to yak about from Monday to Saturday, until an actual game gets played.

I guess Zimmer likes to keep his options open, and besides, "naming a starter" is mostly a media contrivance.  Internally the coach can handle it however he thinks is best.   And some guys do better without the starter label--think Randall Cunningham.   As a backup you have less mental pressure.   

Don't know if Keenum is that way--he seems resilient about the whole thing, mostly I assume from years of being a #2 and playing and not playing and coming in cold.   He's used to it, no big deal. 

At the end of the day Zimmer has the team focused on the week/game that's in front of them and nothing else really matters because that's one of the main ingredients for success.   Naming a "starter" in a presser is not.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Just keep winnin', just saying.
& that is exactly what Zim is doing
more times than not, whenyour marquee QB ( up and coming numer one draft pick ) is injured, his job waits for him
Very unusual circumstances and can't blame him for any call he makes on this one, & the press loves stirrings  the stew