Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey Coach Z....its officially weird now...

Sorry, but this isn't the way you treat a guy that's gotten you to a 9-2 record. I'm very surprised he's STILL talking like this at this point in the season. Before? Yep, got it. Z loves himself some Teddy and Keenum might have caught lightning in a bottle for a spell. But not now. This is odd. 

1. Chris Tomasson‏ @christomasson 2m2 minutes ago
    More
    Mike Zimmer on Keenum “we’re just going to go one week at a time” but says not looking to pull him
    Direct message
  2. [Image: JNqPFXW1_bigger.jpg]Tom Pelissero‏Verified account @TomPelissero 2m2 minutes ago
    More
    #Vikings coach Mike Zimmer says he’ll keep going week to week with QB. On Case Keenum: “I’m not looking to pull him, but every week’s a different week in this league.”

Arif Hasan Retweeted
[Image: 0d5Pl5G3_bigger.jpg]Eric Thompson‏ @eric_j_thompson 4m4 minutes ago
More
Eric Thompson Retweeted Andrew Krammer
Like @RandBall said earlier this week: the Teddy vs. Case thing is definitely not just a media fabrication.
Eric Thompson added,
Andrew Krammer @Andrew_KrammerThe #Vikings will continue going week to week with the QBs, Zimmer says. "I'm not looking to pull (Keenum), but every week is different in this league."

Given that the whole team is supposed to focus on "this week's game", his statements aren't that surprising.

Personally I don't care. Maybe it keeps the fire under Case's ass thus improving his performance. But really, both QB's are pro's and I would bet don't get caught up in this stuff. They are concentrating on the upcoming games. Great Talk Show and Twitter fodder - but I think too big a deal is being made of this. JMO

This same approach has been working well so far. Case is playing really well with Teddy looking over his shoulder. Why change it now? Like Case said, "if it aint broke, don't fix it."

Those words were pretty much put in his mouth.  "Is there anything Case could do to make you say flat out he is my starter or is it going to keep being a week to week thing"

Zimmer actually replied, "we're just going to keep going one week at a time.  Not looking to pull him but every week is a different week in this league."

IMO Zim is keeping the team focused on this week.  He isn't looking for reasons, not seeing ghosts, but not saying anything beyond this week.

This almost seems like something right out of the Parcells' Mind Games for Dummies playbook...

Much ado about nothing in my opinion.  Never expected him to say Case will be QB the rest of the year.  If he plays really bad (which I doubt) for a week or two he'd look pretty foolish benching him.

And what would the fans say... if Zim named Case the starter for the rest of the season... and Case went out and laid an egg?  Some would blame Case... others would wonder why Zim would make someone "comfortable", when he seems to play best when he's "uncomfortable".  Maybe Zim knows what he's doing?

Also, Seems that Hill has replaced Remmers?  I think it was in regards to Remmers, Zim said he has passed the concussion tests.  And had passed before Detroit.  Maybe the long layoff, he needs to get back in shape?  Or Hill has replaced him?