Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kyle Rudolph 10th All Time in Receptions
He's had 1 year where he has been worth the extension, (last year).  This year it doesn't look like he's cracking the 500 yard mark for the 7th time in his career.

People thought Norv Turner was going to turn him into Antonio Gates, but that didn't happen.

I wonder if he gets approached this off-season for a contract restructuring. He'll have 2 years at 15,000,000 remaining with 1.3 guaranteed.

Quote: @"Bolstad79" said:
He's had 1 year where he has been worth the extension, (last year).  This year it doesn't look like he's cracking the 500 yard mark for the 7th time in his career.

People thought Norv Turner was going to turn him into Antonio Gates, but that didn't happen.

I wonder if he gets approached this off-season for a contract restructuring. He'll have 2 years at 15,000,000 remaining with 1.3 guaranteed.
So the one good year of QB play he shines,  and somehow having to stay in and block more those other years days that a TE is deficient?  BlockING ability is a big part of playing TE.  Get better QB play and his numbers will increase.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Bolstad79" said:

So the one good year of QB play he shines,  and somehow having to stay in and block more those other years days that a TE is deficient?  BlockING ability is a big part of playing TE.  Get better QB play and his numbers will increase.
He's had the #6 QB in total QBR throwing him the ball this year.  Diggs and Thielen have had monster years so far.

And I've never heard of Rudolph being considering a good blocker.  Adequate maybe, but never good.

Quote: @"SFVikingFan" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Bolstad79" said:

He's had the #6 QB in total QBR throwing him the ball this year.  Diggs and Thielen have had monster years so far.

And I've never heard of Rudolph being considering a good blocker.  Adequate maybe, but never good.
Rudolph limes up o the left side of the line and often runs the middle of the field...Keenum is find of rolling put to his right and does so fairly often which is going to limit Rudolphs targets.  You can chew stats if you want to but to say Keenum is a good QB is a stretch imo.  He is serviceable.

As far as a blocker,  no Rudy is not a historically great blocker,  but in comparison to many of the TES in the league today he is much more than adequate.

@"Bolstad79" said:

Then what's his excuse this year? Is he hurt again? AT and SD seem to be helping the QB succeed. And doesn't he seem to be dropping more balls this season.

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Bolstad79" said:

Then what's his excuse this year? Is he hurt again? AT and SD seem to be helping the QB succeed. And doesn't he seem to be dropping more balls this season.
He's seeing a lot more poorly thrown balls.  Keenum's accuracy is shit and the routes that Rudolph runs are a lot of bang bang types and a ball behind him or low is very difficult to catch when you can't track them.  Many of the throws to Diggs and Thielen allow them time to make adjustments to the shit passes.   Also the RBs are getting into the short passing game more so that takes some throws away from Rudolph. 

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Bolstad79" said:

Last year he had 132 targets and through 8 games this year he has 47. Quite simply he is getting less opportunities and IMO he had better thrown balls last year that put him in position to make catches and run after the catch. A few of his catches this year have been incredible and sustained drives. The touchdown this week was impressive getting his feet in after catching the ball 10 ft off the ground. He is still the #14 TE in receiving yards after 8 games, and tied for 7th in TD's caught by TE's at 3. Now as for his salary I could agree it would be more palpable to see him around 4-5mm per year but its not like hes some scrub this year based off his stats.

BTW extrapolating his stats to 16 games puts him at 542 yards and 6 TDs...

Quote: @"quattrovike" said:
@"Bolstad79" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Bolstad79" said:

Last year he had 132 targets and through 8 games this year he has 47. Quite simply he is getting less opportunities and IMO he had better thrown balls last year that put him in position to make catches and run after the catch. A few of his catches this year have been incredible and sustained drives. The touchdown this week was impressive getting his feet in after catching the ball 10 ft off the ground. He is still the #14 TE in receiving yards after 8 games, and tied for 7th in TD's caught by TE's at 3. Now as for his salary I could agree it would be more palpable to see him around 4-5mm per year but its not like hes some scrub this year based off his stats.

BTW extrapolating his stats to 16 games puts him at 542 yards and 6 TDs...
No where did I say he was a scrub, he is an overpaid slightly above average TE. He's a lower middle class man's Jason Witten.

If our online wasn't blocking better this season he would probably have better numbers because the QB would check down to him more.

Because of his contract, I think it would be upsetting if he finishes the season with 542 Yards and 6tds.

@"Bolstad79" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Bolstad79" said:

He's seeing a lot more poorly thrown balls.  Keenum's accuracy is shit and the routes that Rudolph runs are a lot of bang bang types and a ball behind him or low is very difficult to catch when you can't track them.  Many of the throws to Diggs and Thielen allow them time to make adjustments to the shit passes.   Also the RBs are getting into the short passing game more so that takes some throws away from Rudolph. 
You sure are willing to bag on the QB in order to make excuses for Treadwell and Rudolph.  Yet Thielen, Diggs, Cook, and McKinnon have all done very well with Keenum's "shit" accuracy, even on the short, quick passes.

Rudolph isn't terrible by any means, but IMO he is barely good enough, and is very overpaid.  I see more blocking and athleticism out of Morgan to be honest.

Quote: @"SFVikingFan" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Bolstad79" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Bolstad79" said:

You sure are willing to bag on the QB in order to make excuses for Treadwell and Rudolph.  Yet Thielen, Diggs, Cook, and McKinnon have all done very well with Keenum's "shit" accuracy, even on the short, quick passes.

Rudolph isn't terrible by any means, but IMO he is barely good enough, and is very overpaid.  I see more blocking and athleticism out of Morgan to be honest.
you dont see shit out of Morgan because he rarely sees the field,  but nice try.

and I give credit to Keenum where its due,  unfortunately accuracy and reading the field is not a strong suite of his and thusly he locks into his number one targets and doesnt go through his reads for shit and consequently his throws are often hurried and he isnt able to step into his throws and get them off with accuracy and velocity.  Keenum is suffering from the same thing that Teddy had 2 years ago,  only difference is that Teddys sailing throws were rushed because of no protection,  Keenums rushed throws are because he locks onto targets and waits until they come open or he is forced off of them as protection breaks down.  Keenum does a great job of sensing pressure,  buying more time in the pocket and then being able to break the pocket without running into sacks... something that is very tough for some QBs to figure out.  He is great, yes great,  at buying himself more time,  unfortunately after he buys that time he is often putting the ball in poor places that leaves his recievers in a position to take a big hit or not be able to make the play, and quite often that play is limited to 1/2 the field because he isnt reading the defenses and moving through his reads early in the play.

Rudolph has been to the pro bowl twice and been the MVP once,  he is hardly the overpaid hack you make him out to be... but continue to dog him,  I really dont care.