Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kyle Rudolph 10th All Time in Receptions

And 100th in yards after catch and tackles broken.

10th all time in the NFL?  Doesn't seem like he has been that productive, but hey okay, go Kyle!

Quote: @IDVikingfan said:
10th all time in the NFL?  Doesn't seem like he has been that productive, but hey okay, go Kyle!
10th all time for The Vikings...Good for Rudolph. He's been a nice cog in the machine. 

Remember a few years ago when many were wanting to move on....saying his new contract was a waste... who is pounding their chest now?  He's been a great pick for the Vikes.

And where did he go to college again? Smile

There are so many athletic TEs in the league now.  Rudy is not one of them. But he does have good hands. And he is usually healthy. I do wish he had more speed and could get downfield. Or maybe if he was just able to break a tackle sometimes. He reminds me a little of Jason Whitten. Although he's not nearly as good as Whitten.  But he does have good hands. And he is usually healthy.

Quote: 4@dadevike said:
There are so many athletic TEs in the league now.  Rudy is not one of them. But he does have good hands. And he is usually healthy. I do wish he had more speed and could get downfield. Or maybe if he was just able to break a tackle sometimes. He reminds me a little of Jason Whitten. Although he's not nearly as good as Whitten.  But he does have good hands. And he is usually healthy.
Not true IMO,  there are plenty of big bodied athletic WR,  but very few actually can play TE.  Most are absolute shit as blockers.  While Kyle is never going to be mistaken for Jimmy K as a blocking TE,  he does do a much better job at that aspect of the position than he did early on in his career,  and he is much better than most in the league at it. a true TE is very rare in this league.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
Remember a few years ago when many were wanting to move on....saying his new contract was a waste... who is pounding their chest now?  He's been a great pick for the Vikes.

I still think his contract was way too large and guaranteed.  He dead cap amount was almost $8 million in 2014, $16 million in 2015, $10 million in 2016, and around $7 million in 2017, making it basically impossible to cut him during those years.  And his yearly cap hit is around $7 million per year.  He has good hands, but he is slow and for his size, he is not a great blocker and never seems to break a tackle or gain any yards after the catch.  I feel that his $40 million could have been spent more wisely elsewhere, like for instance on the offensive line.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:

It seems Rudy has always been underrated by Viking fans. I think that's because he came into the NFL when all of those ultra-athletic tight ends were becoming all the rage. And he's just not that kind of TE. But he's a very good all around TE. 

And yet I can't wait for the team to draft his replacement next yesr.  Really like that kid out of Penn State in the middle rounds