Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Case Continue If Teddy Is Ready?
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
TeDEE, TeDEE!

I'd say you can win a Super Bowl with a QB like Case, provided your defense and running games are elite. Ask the Bears, Bucs, Ravens, etc. I think of Case as a QB who won't lose games for you very often, but nor is he going to win too many games for you. He really is a prototype QB2 and I'm glad we have him. 

But this is Teddy's team. If he's ready he should play. That is going to be an emotional moment for everyone when Teddy runs out on the field for the first time. Before, I felt it would be best if that happened at home. But now I'm wondering if that might be too much. Too much attention, too much distraciton. Might be best to have him do that in Washington. 

One thing that I hope everyone keeps in mind: that no matter WHO the QB is, the next several games after Cleveland are going to be much more difficult than the previous several. And I hope we all take that into consideration when we start fighting over QBs again. 
problem is though... our defense is good and getting better,  but those defenses you listed were absolutely dominant.  Ours may get there,  but I think we not quite there yet and if the offense leaves them on the field to much as we start facing better opponents I fear they will wear down like they appeared to do last year.

Knowing Zimmer...He will probably mess with all of us and start Sloter after the bye  :o

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@Bolstad79 said:
No, As soon as Sam or Teddy is ready to go they should be put in there to play.  Case is what he is and I hope we're able to lock him up as our long term backup, but he isn't the starter.
Agree completely. But I think he will get a better offer elsewhere; it's the cost of having a backup who plays even decently.
Hopefully the last two years will show management that having a legitimate backup is needed and worth paying for.

Maybe a team gives him an opportunity to start again, but there will be other backups getting looked as well.