Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Case Continue If Teddy Is Ready?

No, As soon as Sam or Teddy is ready to go they should be put in there to play.  Case is what he is and I hope we're able to lock him up as our long term backup, but he isn't the starter.

Well, they're both about an 89 passer rating last I looked...Keenum has actually dropped a bit to an 89. He was rocking it for a while. 

it depends on how good he looks in practice and how Keenum looks in the games.  One thing to keep in mind with Bridgewater is the first hit he is going to take since the injury will be during a live game.  It will be interesting.

Quote: @"Bolstad79" said:
No, As soon as Sam or Teddy is ready to go they should be put in there to play.  Case is what he is and I hope we're able to lock him up as our long term backup, but he isn't the starter.
Agree completely. But I think he will get a better offer elsewhere; it's the cost of having a backup who plays even decently.

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
@"Bolstad79" said:
Agree completely. But I think he will get a better offer elsewhere; it's the cost of having a backup who plays even decently.
Possible,  but how much are teams willing to put into their backup QB?  I think if he gets a better offer it will come with the chance to compete for a starting job in a place like cleveland,  or maybe arizona or San Francisco after they draft a guy to groom for a bit.

I believe both Teddy and Sam, if healthy, are easily better QB's than Case so yes. 

Play case until he can't effectively get the job done. TB can only get healthier and more realistically ready to play with more time. He'll be rusty no matter if it's Sunday or 3 weeks away. Case is getting it done with our Defense playing so well. Wait and see isn't much to worry about.

TEDDY!!! TEDDY!!! TEDDY!!!

TeDEE, TeDEE!

I'd say you can win a Super Bowl with a QB like Case, provided your defense and running games are elite. Ask the Bears, Bucs, Ravens, etc. I think of Case as a QB who won't lose games for you very often, but nor is he going to win too many games for you. He really is a prototype QB2 and I'm glad we have him. 

But this is Teddy's team. If he's ready he should play. That is going to be an emotional moment for everyone when Teddy runs out on the field for the first time. Before, I felt it would be best if that happened at home. But now I'm wondering if that might be too much. Too much attention, too much distraciton. Might be best to have him do that in Washington. 

One thing that I hope everyone keeps in mind: that no matter WHO the QB is, the next several games after Cleveland are going to be much more difficult than the previous several. And I hope we all take that into consideration when we start fighting over QBs again.