Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone here believe Latavius Murray is 100%?
Yes, this is what he is.

I have not been impressed with Murray at all.  He does not look 80% and he is not good enough at 80%.  McKinnon has been too impressive either except one run with some nice blocking.  Every RB has those runs that pad the stats but leading up to the 58 yard TD he did not impress me or make anyone miss.  Murray/McK are going to have to play well in the screen game today to help Keenum out and stay competitive.  

But overall neither RB has looked like an every down starting RB like Cook was.  

Quote: @"minny65" said:
I have not been impressed with Murray at all.  He does not look 80% and he is not good enough at 80%.  McKinnon has been too impressive either except one run with some nice blocking.  Every RB has those runs that pad the stats but leading up to the 58 yard TD he did not impress me or make anyone miss.  Murray/McK are going to have to play well in the screen game today to help Keenum out and stay competitive.  

that is an awfully high bar to set.  Cook was looking like a top back in the league so to expect similar results from a undersized mid rounder and guy coming off surgery with no offseason work in a new system...might be a bit much.  If they can hold their own in pass pro, pick up  a few short yards when needed and maybe add another 80 yards rushing and 30-40 yards receiving between them I will be thrilled. 

they dont need to be stars,  just effective at keeping the chains moving.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"minny65" said:

that is an awfully high bar to set.  Cook was looking like a top back in the league so to expect similar results from a undersized mid rounder and guy coming off surgery with no offseason work in a new system...might be a bit much.  If they can hold their own in pass pro, pick up  a few short yards when needed and maybe add another 80 yards rushing and 30-40 yards receiving between them I will be thrilled. 

they dont need to be stars,  just effective at keeping the chains moving.
Yea but 80 yards rushing and another 30-40 yards receiving was around what Cook was giving us and I am not seeing that from either McK or Murray or both combined.  If they do produce like that then we might be in the ball game I just don't expect it at all.

I think Jimmy nailed it...Its rb by committee the rest of the way, go with a hot hand when you get one. We should get more from LM as time goes on. Hell, I hope he helps us keep Rogers on the bench today.

I am a bit surprised they haven't signed another back again. Gotta be awfully quiet in the RB film room these days.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
I think Jimmy nailed it...Its rb by committee the rest of the way, go with a hot hand when you get one. We should get more from LM as time goes on. Hell, I hope he helps us keep Rogers on the bench today.

I am a bit surprised they haven't signed another back again. Gotta be awfully quiet in the RB film room these days.
I think the fact that they can use Ham as both the FB and a RB is why they dont feel the need to go grab a RB right now.  if they ended up with Ham at RB and needed a FB they can use a TE in the RB role...or even grab a LB and tell him what hole to run through and hit the first guy he sees with the other jersey on.

I noticed after the 1st 2 series he was absent and 21 was always in even after the fumble. He showed up in the 3rd and looked like he could find a hole he could get through. I worried Jet might be getting overused but he just kept making great runs. He didn't do at least one of the last KR's.