Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone here believe Latavius Murray is 100%?
I can't believe this is the same back that was a pro-bowler not too long ago...

Am hoping he is a much improved offensive contributor by the post bye portion of the season. Jet isn't going to be able to carry the load over the course of the season. He'll wear down.

If he is, he's a below average RB. I mean, very run of the mill. If he's not completely healthy, then I get the lack of explosion. 

I thought he looked better last week than he has all season.  Hopefully he's even better on Sunday.

I think he's starting to warm up a bit...No preseason hurt him...the ankle surgery hurt him...I think he's getting ready to bust out...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
I think he's starting to warm up a bit...No preseason hurt him...the ankle surgery hurt him...I think he's getting ready to bust out...

Hopefully this is the game that he does it...I'd like to see Murray run all over the Packers.  Which would really open the passing game for Case.

we have to run the ball this week.  we have to eat the clock and rest the D or gbay will simply just blitz the shit out of Case and it will be game over early.

No not for a minute. It's taken some time to recover from his surgery. He even said he wasn't 100%. It's going to take time. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
I thought he looked pretty good on his first 4 or 5 carries...  Consistently picked up 4-7 yards.  Then it seemed like Chicago started figuring out we were mostly running the ball when he was in there and started stuffing him at the LOS.

Hopefully Shurmur mixes it up a bit more and gets Murray some opportunities to catch the ball out of the backfield.  He's a good receiver and it would be a mistake to use him as an early down hammer.  The Vikings should use him just like they used McKinnon on Monday night. 

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
I thought he looked pretty good on his first 4 or 5 carries...  Consistently picked up 4-7 yards.  Then it seemed like Chicago started figuring out we were mostly running the ball when he was in there and started stuffing him at the LOS.

Hopefully Shurmur mixes it up a bit more and gets Murray some opportunities to catch the ball out of the backfield.  He's a good receiver and it would be a mistake to use him as an early down hammer.  The Vikings should use him just like they used McKinnon on Monday night. 
So many moving parts now...Just when they were getting the hang out of Cook, they have to be agile and figure-out mix/match Murray and McKinnon, cadence, how to ride the hot hand etc...Some of this is planning, some game-time feel. 

OC in MN - one of the tougher jobs the lsat few years with so many injuries, new pieces.