Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'll toss it out there: JJ @ 5 or Penix @11?
I like both of them. Because I don't see a big gap between them, I'd rather stick at 11 and have Penix than give up 23 for JJM.
[-] The following 2 users Like RS_Express's post:

I do not want to give up 23 to move up so my choice is Penix at 11. But what if both are available at 11?

JJM at 5, because I don’t think the team will take Penix at #11.

I think the highest they would even consider him is #23 and I’ll bet they trade back to pay him as little as possible and to make it not look as bad if/when they cut/trade him.

If they get stuck with him, so be it. The only guy I’ll be really pissed if they take is Colt McCoy 2.0, Bo Nix

In my ideal world we pick from JJM or Nix at 11 and keep #23. There will be some really great options at 23 who can make this team better. I am nearly as excited about that pick at 23 as I am at getting a new QB. None or the top 6 will get to #23 unless Penix drops due to injury history. This is not your normal QB draft.

Comparing Nix to Colt McCoy is laughable. You are trying to compare two guys with demonstrably different arm talent. It’s like comparing Josh Allen’s arm to Gardner Minshew. One of these things is definitely not like the other.

A much more accurate comparison for you to use is Derek Carr. Nix and Carr have very similar arm talent, although Nix has shown to be significantly more accurate (although that can change). At least a comparison makes sense though.

(04-25-2024, 07:40 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: https://twitter.com/richeisen/status/178...6739523046

I think he's our top option after MAye. 

But I wont left myself fall in love with JJ yet...Geoffs mock has me too spooked.

I am not sure how hard the Vikings will try and land him tbh.
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post: