Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KOC answers fan question at church, very interesting
(04-21-2024, 05:43 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: I'm a big fan of KOC. Great mind, has a plan on who to hitch his wagon to. I'd love to see what the Vikings could be if KOC gets his man, but that might not happen. I wonder how far off their Plan B QB is from their top choice?

Thats a very good question, one us fans dont discuss much and one I am sure the Vikings have discussed much. 

As we get closer to Thursday, I dont have a growing feel they are going to be able to move into top 5 picks. I also suspect their top picks are Maye then JJ. 

I contend we'll be reading about Penix on Friday morning.

The most concerning thing I learned was Vikings scouts wanted Will Levis. Thank God KOC put a stop to that nonsense. It’s not that he can’t develop, maybe he will, but he would have been a huge risk in the first round. He just isn’t accurate enough to start in the NFL. He’d probably be the 7th or 8th rated prospect in this draft. I’d say there’s definitely a possibility the Titans take a QB in round 1 of this draft.

Who does KOC want? I have no idea. He’s probably not going to view these QB’s like NFL pundits and draft people do. He has his offense and will have very specific attributes he considers must haves. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if his draft board looks wildly different than we expect.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Havoc's post:

(04-22-2024, 10:40 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: Thats a very good question, one us fans dont discuss much and one I am sure the Vikings have discussed much. 

As we get closer to Thursday, I dont have a growing feel they are going to be able to move into top 5 picks. I also suspect their top picks are Maye then JJ. 

I contend we'll be reading about Penix on Friday morning.

I have this feeling too, and I don't like it. Will root like heck for whoever we end up with but settling for the 4th, 5th, 6th... best option is a bummer. I said a week or 2 ago that I'm dreading hearing on Thursday night- "Penix was always our guy". It'll just be such a bald faced lie that even delusional, convince themselves of anything, fans like me can't buy it.

Paye for Maye.

(04-22-2024, 11:12 AM)pattersaur Wrote: I have this feeling too, and I don't like it. Will root like heck for whoever we end up with but settling for the 4th, 5th, 6th... best option is a bummer. I said a week or 2 ago that I'm dreading hearing on Thursday night- "Penix was always our guy". It'll just be such a bald faced lie that even delusional, convince themselves of anything, fans like me can't buy it.

Paye for Maye.

We don't know how the team has the QBs stacked. The 4th, 5th, 6th best option may be ranked higher on the team's board. Also, this is an unusually deep QB class. The 4th, 5th, 6th option would be higher picks in most drafts & would certainly be picked higher if they were in the 2025 draft.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Knucklehead's post:

I wish it was as simple as we'll pay and have a dance partner...The whole 23 scenario (at least what we think it was) has me spooked going into this week.

(04-22-2024, 11:12 AM)pattersaur Wrote: I have this feeling too, and I don't like it. Will root like heck for whoever we end up with but settling for the 4th, 5th, 6th... best option is a bummer. I said a week or 2 ago that I'm dreading hearing on Thursday night- "Penix was always our guy". It'll just be such a bald faced lie that even delusional, convince themselves of anything, fans like me can't buy it.

Paye for Maye.

There is no 4th, 5th, 6th. These are nothing more than guesstimates by pundits (a good number of whom don’t watch these guy’s tape) and rumors that are notorious for being smokescreens. The teams themselves usually have a decent idea of where they need to go to get a guy, but the rest of us don’t. Even the most popular draft pundits are often wildly wrong.

As a whole, NFL pundits are horrendous at determining QB potential at the next level. It is definitely possible the Vikings and most teams have Penix as 2 or 3 on their boards. So they wouldn’t necessarily be telling lies nor would people be delusional believing them.

Out of this whole thing, here's where I think KOC is playing the long game: he mentions the deal with sending Robert Kraft "flowers" to get into his favor about moving up. He's not dumb and this just seems very purposeful to say. He knew it would get picked up by the sports media.

My gut feels like KOC likes a QB they feel they can get at #11. Either the word where it matters, in the Draft war rooms of the NFL, a guy like JJM is going to fall or a guy like Penix is rising up the boards. I think it's both. I don't think there's a Big 6, I think there is a Big 5. Nix won't be drafted in round 1. But now I'm starting to think 5 QBs could be drafted by the 15th pick in round 1.

Zero doubt in my mind Qb's go 1-3
Bears/Commanders locked and I think Pats grab QB3

Where QB 4 goes is interesting. I would be shocked if it didnt go till 6 to the Gmen.

How the NFL boards finally look in the actual picks taken will be interesting/fascinating even.

I suspect I may have a lot of egg on my face from my predictions come Thursday night.

(04-22-2024, 12:43 PM)StickierBuns Wrote: Out of this whole thing, here's where I think KOC is playing the long game: he mentions the deal with sending Robert Kraft "flowers" to get into his favor about moving up. He's not dumb and this just seems very purposeful to say. He knew it would get picked up by the sports media.

My gut feels like KOC likes a QB they feel they can get at #11. Either the word where it matters, in the Draft war rooms of the NFL, a guy like JJM is going to fall or a guy like Penix is rising up the boards. I think it's both. I don't think there's a Big 6, I think there is a Big 5. Nix won't be drafted in round 1. But now I'm starting to think 5 QBs could be drafted by the 15th pick in round 1.

Nix will go top 15. He may go off the board surprisingly high. Denver, Vegas, Saints and possibly Seahawks are looking for a QB as well. That’s 12, 13, 14, and 16 respectively. Nix is one of those guys who may be top three on some boards because of fit and a 4th rounder on others for the same reason. We just don’t know. What I a confident in, is that most teams boards do not look like this:

1. Williams
2. Daniels
3. Maye
4. JJM

Second tier ?
5. Penix
6. Nix

7. Rattler - yes he could be much higher on some boards.