Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KOC answers fan question at church, very interesting
https://www.si.com/nfl/vikings/news/kevi...urch-event

https://twitter.com/matthewcoller/status...26751?s=46&t=me5bPOWVwcrP0Ok7FjqwLQ

Got to love the fanbase when your favorite team is in the market for a QB, lmao. Very interesting answer from KOC. If you believe his answer, he loves a guy but that guy they are going to have to go and get. I'm not positive, but it would appear he might be talking about Drake Maye or Jayden Daniels. He also mentions being a 'QB killer' in Eagan, which means he shut down drafting Will Levis. He's got a very definite type of QB that he wants to hitch his career to, which I give him credit for.

I guess they just have to go do it if they can get a team to agree, which he also mentions. Is it Thursday yet? I think I'm going to meet Montana Tom at his trade show event in Vegas and kill the time until the Draft, lol.
[-] The following 2 users Like StickierBuns's post:

I was surprised by how candid his response was. Hope that bouquet that he got Bob Kraft works.
The artist formerly known as PurpleCrush.
[-] The following 3 users Like TheWinterSKOLdier's post:

(04-20-2024, 04:27 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: https://www.si.com/nfl/vikings/news/kevi...urch-event

https://twitter.com/matthewcoller/status...26751?s=46&t=me5bPOWVwcrP0Ok7FjqwLQ

Got to love the fanbase when your favorite team is in the market for a QB, lmao. Very interesting answer from KOC. If you believe his answer, he loves a guy but that guy they are going to have to go and get. I'm not positive, but it would appear he might be talking about Drake Maye or Jayden Daniels. He also mentions being a 'QB killer' in Eagan, which means he shut down drafting Will Levis. He's got a very definite type of QB that he wants to hitch his career to, which I give him credit for.

I guess they just have to go do it if they can get a team to agree, which he also mentions. Is it Thursday yet? I think I'm going to meet Montana Tom at his trade show event in Vegas and kill the time until the Draft, lol.

Will Levis is who I thought of when he said that. But what a funny, interesting, strange conversation. "I may or may not have sent a nice bouquet of flowers to Robert Kraft the other day."

Great answer from the coach...God knows who they've had QB discussions about the last few seasons.

Time will tell, but I'm happy we went with an offensive minded coach this go around.

So glad the draft is this week - finally
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

(04-20-2024, 09:49 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: Great answer from the coach...God knows who they've had QB discussions about the last few seasons.

Time will tell, but I'm happy we went with an offensive minded coach this go around.

So glad the draft is this week - finally

I'm a big fan of KOC. Great mind, has a plan on who to hitch his wagon to. I'd love to see what the Vikings could be if KOC gets his man, but that might not happen. I wonder how far off their Plan B QB is from their top choice?
[-] The following 2 users Like StickierBuns's post:

On the surface it looks like he wants to sell the farm for Maye (does Kwesi want to?) and he killed the Will Levis idea.

I'm sure he brings something to the table in terms of drafting a QB, but I see people talking about he should be the main draft influence and have to remind all that the history of head coaches controlling drafts for NFL teams is a multi-car freeway pileup of bad picks and lost jobs.

(04-21-2024, 09:17 AM)comet52 Wrote: On the surface it looks like he wants to sell the farm for Maye (does Kwesi want to?) and he killed the Will Levis idea. 

I'm sure he brings something to the table in terms of drafting a QB, but I see people talking about he should be the main draft influence and have to remind all that the history of head coaches controlling drafts for NFL teams is a multi-car freeway pileup of bad picks and lost jobs.

The NFL's history is loaded with horrible trades and draft picks, it certainly isn't worse because of a HC's influence. The bottom line is its a tough and risky business the Draft, where mistakes stand out like a red wine stain on a white shirt for the whole world to see. KOC is a former college QB, former NFL QB....he's got insight and experience to pull from with assessments. McCown is there now to lend a new set of eyes and input. I feel good that a rookie QB will have a real shot to succeed.

(04-21-2024, 09:17 AM)comet52 Wrote: On the surface it looks like he wants to sell the farm for Maye (does Kwesi want to?) and he killed the Will Levis idea. 

It's no more a pileup than GMs controlling drafts, or owners or scouting directors. Truth is, they're all bad at it. The confidence I have in KOC is about his knowledge of his own offense, and the kind of traits a QB needs in order to be successful in it. 

Ownership, the scouting staff, the GM and the coach all could gave different opinions on the QBs, but good leadership will recognize that the guy who designed the offense should be the guy picking the QB who runs it. It's obviously not foolproof (see Shanahan and Lance), but it's still the right way to do it.

One of the worst trades in NFL history didn't involve the HC....or any coaches. Just a guy playing GM that should have never been in the position:

https://twitter.com/Kramer9Tommy/status/...8820145439

To be honest, I’d rather have KOC picking the QB than KAM, but I want KAM making the call on how much is too much to spend and to not jeopardize the future too much by honing in on one guy.

That said, any successful team is going to require the HC and GM to be in sync with each other and working as a team. If one guy is making choices that aren’t part of a cohesive plan, then the front office needs to step in and figure out how to regain harmony.

That said, what a weird world that KOC is talking about the draft in church a week before the draft and news is being released because of that.