Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So we ALL know now where we stand at QB??
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"minny65" said:
Viking stating QB situation now and in future:

Mullens - a No
Dobbs -  a No
Hall    - who knows but I would like to find out now.  Maybe he plays great and gets us into the playoffs.

I obviously want Hall starting now.  What you tell the team is that you as the coach think he gives us the best chance to win and make the playoffs.  It is possible.  
When it becomes clear that he's a better option than Mullens--and that certainly is possible--it will happen. 

Dream 2024 depth chart: Kirk Cousins, Jayden Daniels, Jaren Hall. 
Cousins has had 6 seasons and really hasn’t accomplished really anything.
Leads the QB’s with 9 turnovers this year. Probably 2 more games and he will loose that title.

One thing I like about Mullens is that he's not afraid to throw the ball and give his receivers a chance. That kind of boldness is why he threw for over 400. It's also why he threw 4 picks. I think in order to play like that you have to have a little bit of accuracy. He does not. 
It's worse than that. He doesn't see the field well and is late with his throws. His arm is weak and he can't deliver on the long passes. The receiver almost always has to slow down and wait for the ball because of it.
He also throws into coverage. None of that is new. He might be better if he just played small ball, but that's hard to do if you don't have a run game.
Do you still think he gives the Vikings the best chance to win?
Hardly seems logical to play a turnover machine at QB when the team loses 100 % of games when losing the turnover battle.

Quote: @"jargomcfargo" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
One thing I like about Mullens is that he's not afraid to throw the ball and give his receivers a chance. That kind of boldness is why he threw for over 400. It's also why he threw 4 picks. I think in order to play like that you have to have a little bit of accuracy. He does not. 
It's worse than that. He doesn't see the field well and is late with his throws. His arm is weak and he can't deliver on the long passes. The receiver almost always has to slow down and wait for the ball because of it.
He also throws into coverage. None of that is new. He might be better if he just played small ball, but that's hard to do if you don't have a run game.
Hardly seems logical to play a turnover machine at QB when the team loses 100 % of games when losing the turnover battle.
Yep. I think Mullens could get away with probably all of his other deficiencies if he had a bigger arm. But he doesn’t. The deep shots he takes hang in the air for ev er. 

Quote: @"jargomcfargo" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Yes, I think he was the right choice for the Lions game. He may not be for the Packers. Every game is different and KOC will make the decision based on who he thinks gives us the best chance to win, assuming we're still alive. Are we? I haven't even looked.  What he won't do is make the decision based on a bunch of idiots on the internet.  

I'd love to see Hall though. He's got a better arm, he's more accurate, but he's probably far behind in terms of the offense, progressions and reading defenses. We'll see, but my hunch is he'd throw for about half the yards, with about half the turnovers. That's just a guess though. 

@"jargomcfargo" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Yes, I think he was the right choice for the Lions game. He may not be for the Packers. Every game is different and KOC will make the decision based on who he thinks gives us the best chance to win, assuming we're still alive. Are we? I haven't even looked.  What he won't do is make the decision based on a bunch of idiots on the internet.  

I'd love to see Hall though. He's got a better arm, he's more accurate, but he's probably far behind in terms of the offense, progressions and reading defenses. We'll see, but my hunch is he'd throw for about half the yards, with about half the turnovers. That's just a guess though. 
 idiots on the internet. ? This idiot can't possibly see how 6 turnovers in two games can give a team any chance to win!