Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking: Our new QB
I like it. It's better than standing pat (we now have legit competition for Hall). It's better than bringing in a slug like McCoy, or worse, a veteran has-been like Winston, Wentz or Ryan. 

Smart, 4.0 GPA in aerospace engineering. Between Dobbs and Hall we might be able to scramble together some wins. I do hope Hall gets the first shot though. I'm sure he'll at least get the Atlanta game. 

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Greylock" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
I really like this guy. I'm totally ok with this, only if the comp is ok. Very Interesting. They had to bring someone else in and they did. 
This may be more of the team showing no confidence in Mannion then not being confidant in Hall.  With Mullens still on IR Mannion would have been the backup this week and we all know how that would have been if he had to play.
Then why did they sign Mannion in the first place?  I think they needed to upgrade the back up spot,  but he was never a viable backup to begin with. 

Since he was on the team with Rick and Zim and now with the new management, logic says that he has pictures that the ownership doesn't want to go public.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Greylock" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
I really like this guy. I'm totally ok with this, only if the comp is ok. Very Interesting. They had to bring someone else in and they did. 
This may be more of the team showing no confidence in Mannion then not being confidant in Hall.  With Mullens still on IR Mannion would have been the backup this week and we all know how that would have been if he had to play.
Then why did they sign Mannion in the first place?  I think they needed to upgrade the back up spot,  but he was never a viable backup to begin with. 
Luke Braun suggested that it's part of a transitioning him to a QB coach assistant for Cousins.  I think that makes a lot of sense.

Quote: @"JR44" said:
I don't see the point of this trade, he is not any better than anyone who is currently on the roster.  I would rather go with Hall and if he doesn't do it then go with Mullens when he is healthy.  This move makes no sense, he brings nothing to the team.  
I disagree. He is the best QB on the roster; especially with KOC and the skill players around him. I hope Hall balls out and keeps him on the bench. But he cost the Vikings almost nothing and can fill some of the void Cousins left. So it's a nothing to lose and everything to gain trade. That's why it is a good trade.

Quote: @"medaille" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Greylock" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Luke Braun suggested that it's part of a transitioning him to a QB coach assistant for Cousins.  I think that makes a lot of sense.
I like that idea. 

Quote: @"jargomcfargo" said:
@"JR44" said:
I don't see the point of this trade, he is not any better than anyone who is currently on the roster.  I would rather go with Hall and if he doesn't do it then go with Mullens when he is healthy.  This move makes no sense, he brings nothing to the team.  
I disagree. He is the best QB on the roster; especially with KOC and the skill players around him. I hope Hall balls out and keeps him on the bench. But he cost the Vikings almost nothing and can fill some of the void Cousins left. So it's a nothing to lose and everything to gain trade. That's why it is a good trade.

If you talk about a young Qb getting experience before leading a team, Josh has it, and not on our roster, so he is good value there.  He has followed, lead , been put in breach situations and produced without being the anointed son/high draft pick.  The QB room just got better and Dobbs can play in the NFL. 

So... 62% completion and 8/5 TD/INT ratio while playing for a team obviously tanking and all we paid was a 6/7 swap.

Dobbs is going to see Addison/KJ/Hock/JJ (whenever he's back) and start looking around for pearly gates.

I do find it interesting that in Hall & Dobbs we now have mobile QBs that can extend plays w/ their feet. Will the playcalling change going forward? Will we see rollouts & RPOs? If we do, it's something to keep an eye on as we approach the draft. Because it'll be an indication of the type of QB that KOC will want to draft.

Quote: @"Knucklehead" said:
I do find it interesting that in Hall & Dobbs we now have mobile QBs that can extend plays w/ their feet. Will the playcalling change going forward? Will we see rollouts & RPOs? If we do, it's something to keep an eye on as we approach the draft. Because it'll be an indication of the type of QB that KOC will want to draft.
Agree. When KOC was hired one of the first things he told Cousins was that he could actually run the ball more often than he did. I think he would love to add that dimension to his offense.