Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man, still 11 games to go...
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Tyr" said:
They are a very strange and frustrating team this year. They've kept every game within a score, but have looked far from good doing it. I do think that Addison was a great find and while he can't replace Jefferson, he's proven to be a real nice red zone threat. Hockenson and Obsorn have both looked off and Mattison has not stepped up as the primary back. I'm not sure how much longer they can keep feeding him the ball for 2 yards a pop. We're also seeing more of the bad Cousins holding onto the ball for too long and turning the ball over, then we are seeing the good Cousins. Even with better OL play, he's still prone to a few boneheaded plays per game.

The D is getting better. They still struggle against the run, but they are aggressive, the pass rush is starting to show some flashes, and back to back games with defensive scores is nice. I still feel like the D doesn't quite have the personnel to pull off Flores's scheme, but that side of the ball seems better coached than the offense this year. 
I was in Vegas so I didn't watch the game, but did Mattison look bad? Because I think it's pretty clear when you take JJ out of the offense, defenses are very likely going to focus on stopping the run. Even bad defenses can stop good RBs if that's what they're keying on. 
He looked the same as he did against KC. So, yeah. Sad

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Tyr" said:
They are a very strange and frustrating team this year. They've kept every game within a score, but have looked far from good doing it. I do think that Addison was a great find and while he can't replace Jefferson, he's proven to be a real nice red zone threat. Hockenson and Obsorn have both looked off and Mattison has not stepped up as the primary back. I'm not sure how much longer they can keep feeding him the ball for 2 yards a pop. We're also seeing more of the bad Cousins holding onto the ball for too long and turning the ball over, then we are seeing the good Cousins. Even with better OL play, he's still prone to a few boneheaded plays per game.

The D is getting better. They still struggle against the run, but they are aggressive, the pass rush is starting to show some flashes, and back to back games with defensive scores is nice. I still feel like the D doesn't quite have the personnel to pull off Flores's scheme, but that side of the ball seems better coached than the offense this year. 
I was in Vegas so I didn't watch the game, but did Mattison look bad? Because I think it's pretty clear when you take JJ out of the offense, defenses are very likely going to focus on stopping the run. Even bad defenses can stop good RBs if that's what they're keying on. 
He's not Dalvin if that's what you're expecting. Well, not Dalvin from last year. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"medaille" said:
Every team will have a few clunkers or some stretches where
winning isn’t smooth, but the Vikings haven’t played one good game yet.  I don’t think there’s a consolation prize for
hey, we looked pretty good except for all the times we had catastrophic failures.
  We are clearly in the bottom tier of teams
despite having what should be adequate talent levels.  Other teams may not have the talent to pull
their heads out of their asses, and we do, but we still have our head up our
ass.
The consolation prize is a top 10 draft pick where we bring in the QBotF.  The hard part is the Bears have a legit shot at #1 & #2 and Williams and Maye seem to be the logical #1 & #2 picks.  The Bears will have their pick of the QB's AND will get to trade the other pick for more picks....but that wont be a trade with the Vikings because of our division.

But KAM showed that it's ok to trade in your own division.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Tyr" said:

He's not Dalvin if that's what you're expecting. Well, not Dalvin from last year. 
Definitely not expecting that ha. I wish! Going into Sunday, PFF ranked him 43/53 RBs, and as the 2nd worst player on our entire offense (Powell). PFF isn't the end all, but my eyes are seeing the same thing. It's a bummer.
Drafted him despite reservations in fantasy football and he's actually been much better for fantasy than he has for the Vikings, IMO.