Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man, still 11 games to go...
2/4 sucks, but its still better than 1/5.

Losing JJ really sucks and it could cost them being more competitive.

I wonder if Akers is going to get more playing time?

Granted it was The Bears, but the D is looking improved. 

As I said, 11 games is a lot, fat lady aint singing yet. 

our O is just waay off.  horrible on 3rd down, turnovers, drops.  This team is not out of it, but they are nowhere near the O they were last year. 

Akers has earned RB1 already.  Mattison is a mess with very inconsistent vision, hands and pass pro. 

Quote: @Bullazin said:
our O is just waay off.  horrible on 3rd down, turnovers, drops.  This team is not out of it, but they are nowhere near the O they were last year. 
They really are and getting better without JJ seems like a pipe dream.. 

Interesting how the OL is playing better, but that isnt translating to better O overall. 

I haven't looked at the stats, but TJH seems off this season to-date too. He dropped some key balls last week and isnt getting the targets I thought he would. 

Watching the game today, I felt like the season was over and then remembered it was only the 6th game, we only won, because we played possibly the worst team in the league and may not have won if they didn't lose fields.  After watching the game today, there is no question that we are not a very good team.

Quote: @JR44 said:
Watching the game today, I felt like the season was over and then remembered it was only the 6th game, we only won, because we played possibly the worst team in the league and may not have won if they didn't lose fields.  After watching the game today, there is no question that we are not a very good team.

No leadership by the QB. In the 4th qtr when the score was 19-6 there was absolutely no killer instinct to try to put the game away and the play calling is so bad that at times it feels like Zimmer is still the coach. And didn't we all know that they would let the Bears with an un-drafted rookie QB back in the game?When has conservative play calling ever worked out for us?

SF, Dallas and Philly are better than the Vikings.

Really hard to imagine that changing in 11 weeks.

I'm not sure philly is 

They are a very strange and frustrating team this year. They've kept every game within a score, but have looked far from good doing it. I do think that Addison was a great find and while he can't replace Jefferson, he's proven to be a real nice red zone threat. Hockenson and Obsorn have both looked off and Mattison has not stepped up as the primary back. I'm not sure how much longer they can keep feeding him the ball for 2 yards a pop. We're also seeing more of the bad Cousins holding onto the ball for too long and turning the ball over, then we are seeing the good Cousins. Even with better OL play, he's still prone to a few boneheaded plays per game.

The D is getting better. They still struggle against the run, but they are aggressive, the pass rush is starting to show some flashes, and back to back games with defensive scores is nice. I still feel like the D doesn't quite have the personnel to pull off Flores's scheme, but that side of the ball seems better coached than the offense this year. 

I'd say it will be 2-6 after the next two games.