Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings QB room scores 23 in 'Immaculate Grid'
Quote: @"jargomcfargo" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Sidenote: at the gym this morning on the Stairmaster and I overhear a younger guy talking to his buddy about Netflix's 'Quarterback'.....says he loves Cousins now (I'm in Boca Raton, FL for context) and that's he a normal chill dude and he loves that. Rooting hard for him. I just smiled.....that show has seriously changed the narrative for Cousins in Fan Nation. He's become so relatable.
Ha! I've heard that too. It's weird. I'd almost rather they go back to hating him. It was more fun. 

So many long-term QBs have their best seasons between the ages of 34-37. I kinda have a hunch that will be true for Cousins as well. 
Seems to be an annual theme. Get him some pass protection and he could be great. There is also the narrative that offensive line continuity is beneficial. On the other hand, it is still the same offensive line!
Why am I still skeptical?
Because you're a Viking fan. Continuity is beneficial. That's not a myth. HOW beneficial remains to be seen. But my post wasn't about improved protection. I just think he's going to play his best football in the next 2 or 3 years.