Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone started using Threads?
Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Woke culture jabs, Qanon crazies, fomenting lies, lack of lifeguards at the gene pool? 

If we put as much energy into trying to find common ground vs just taking pot shots at each other? the country might be in a better place. 

The fissures in this country are what they always have been; race and socio/economics. It just gets amplified with the media and politicians.

And the race composition in the country continues to evolve. People of color are going to be the majority in the US during many of our lifetimes. That will have an impact on who our elected officials will be and most assuredly we'll see another black or our first hispanic president. 

We can all do better is what FDR, Kennedy and Reagan might just be preaching to us. 
Love what you are saying,   but you have to admit that the vocal extreme woke progressive path is a shit show.  Look at how fast former liberals are bailing from the dem party due to the hyper extreme of the left and the ridiculous direction they are taking or wanting to take the nation.  They aren't likely going to vote republican necessarily,   but they are calling out the failed path and those leading the charge down those paths.

This isnt about accepting people of different  color, or sexual orientation,   its become about how perverse they can become and get away with it by screaming and labeling anyone that disagrees with them.  Which is exactly why so many are starting to say enough is enough IMO.  I dont think you would ever see them vote Trump,  but I highly doubt they would support anybody that is remotely associated with the current hierarchy of their former party they so vehemently supported in the past. 

I may be wrong, but honestly if we see a huge turnout in the next election like they claim we had in the last one,  I will call bull shit. So many people from both sides have become disenfranchised i just find it highly unlikely that we see that many even give a shit anymore unless we see some real changes in the types of candidates.

I question the integrity of the last election,   not because Trump lost,  but because  I dont buy for a second that 81 million Americans voted for the bumbling fool running against him.  I totally understand the concept of anybody but Trump or the lesser of 2 evils,   but that doesn't set record turnouts imo.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
Woke culture jabs, Qanon crazies, fomenting lies, lack of lifeguards at the gene pool? 

If we put as much energy into trying to find common ground vs just taking pot shots at each other? the country might be in a better place. 

The fissures in this country are what they always have been; race and socio/economics. It just gets amplified with the media and politicians.

And the race composition in the country continues to evolve. People of color are going to be the majority in the US during many of our lifetimes. That will have an impact on who our elected officials will be and most assuredly we'll see another black or our first hispanic president. 

We can all do better is what FDR, Kennedy and Reagan might just be preaching to us. 
Love what you are saying,   but you have to admit that the vocal extreme woke progressive path is a shit show.  Look at how fast former liberals are bailing from the dem party due to the hyper extreme of the left and the ridiculous direction they are taking or wanting to take the nation.  They aren't likely going to vote republican necessarily,   but they are calling out the failed path and those leading the charge down those paths.

This isnt about accepting people of different  color, or sexual orientation,   its become about how perverse they can become and get away with it by screaming and labeling anyone that disagrees with them.  Which is exactly why so many are starting to say enough is enough IMO.  I dont think you would ever see them vote Trump,  but I highly doubt they would support anybody that is remotely associated with the current hierarchy of their former party they so vehemently supported in the past. 

I may be wrong, but honestly if we see a huge turnout in the next election like they claim we had in the last one,  I will call bull shit. So many people from both sides have become disenfranchised i just find it highly unlikely that we see that many even give a shit anymore unless we see some real changes in the types of candidates.

I question the integrity of the last election,   not because Trump lost,  but because  I dont buy for a second that 81 million Americans voted for the bumbling fool running against him.  I totally understand the concept of anybody but Trump or the lesser of 2 evils,   but that doesn't set record turnouts imo.
Honestly Jimmy, the fringe being the mouth piece of both sides is shitty. 

I believe there are always some improprieties - every election. But do I believe there were enough in 2020 to swing things to Biden? 

No, I dont. 

My concern today is that whatever hope Americans had for tomorrow? Has been buried underneath 20ft of vitriol and out-shouting the other side.