Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A pretty good list...
Quote: @"medaille" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Predictions...

4. I think early on KJO beats out Addison and gets most of the snaps in 2-WR formations. But Addison sees plenty of action in 3 receiver sets and challenges KJO in 2 receiver sets by November. 

3. I don't think it will matter much who the starters are since all of them will see plenty of action given how Flores uses his safeties. Bynum probably gets the start due to experience, but I think Cine will make his physical presence known in special packages and challenge Bynum for the start later in the year. 

2. In Zimmer and Donatell defenses there always seemed to be a clear CB1, CB2 and slot CB. Under Flores I expect that to be less clear, with CBs moving all over the place. By the end of the year, I think Akayleb Evans will emerge as our best corner, followed by Murphy...with Booth, Williams, Blackmon and maybe even Ward battling for snaps. 

1. While I think it's very possible Hunter is traded, I think it's more likely the Vikings give him a deal that keeps him in Minnesota for at least two more years. Vikings are very clearly in the middle of a competitive rebuild and moving Hunter would seem to fall more into a tear-it-up philosophy. I think the sticking point will be length of term, with Hunter wanting a long-term commitment and the Vikings offering competitive AAV, but for a much shorter term. This will be interesting, because no matter which way this goes, it's going to have a big impact on the Vikings.
I have just two thoughts. 
I think that one part of the equation on who WR2 is involves run blocking.  KJO is a much more physical WR than Addison
is, so I think Addison’s receiving value will have to be greater than KJO’s
receiving + blocking value in order to get in that WR2 position.  Obviously that’s possible, and a WR can
affect the run game by pulling defenders away from the run, but I think people
have to factor that in as well as we’re making efforts to be more multiple on
offense.

I think if we had any notion of Hunter not being on the team,
we would have a better option to replace him than we currently do.  I think things would have to get really bad for
him not to be on the team.

Good point on both counts. Barring some epic, multi-pick deal that helps the Vikings secure their QBOTF, if the Vikings trade Hunter, you have to see that as a loss for Kwesi because he clearly didn't prepare for it. 

With Addison, it's easy to watch his tape and get excited about what he brings. He should be a big part of this offense at some point. But he's a rookie. He's got a lot to learn, including run blocking. And KJO just seems like the kind of player who, if you put an obstacle in front of him, is going to find a way over it. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"medaille" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Predictions...

4. I think early on KJO beats out Addison and gets most of the snaps in 2-WR formations. But Addison sees plenty of action in 3 receiver sets and challenges KJO in 2 receiver sets by November. 

3. I don't think it will matter much who the starters are since all of them will see plenty of action given how Flores uses his safeties. Bynum probably gets the start due to experience, but I think Cine will make his physical presence known in special packages and challenge Bynum for the start later in the year. 

2. In Zimmer and Donatell defenses there always seemed to be a clear CB1, CB2 and slot CB. Under Flores I expect that to be less clear, with CBs moving all over the place. By the end of the year, I think Akayleb Evans will emerge as our best corner, followed by Murphy...with Booth, Williams, Blackmon and maybe even Ward battling for snaps. 

1. While I think it's very possible Hunter is traded, I think it's more likely the Vikings give him a deal that keeps him in Minnesota for at least two more years. Vikings are very clearly in the middle of a competitive rebuild and moving Hunter would seem to fall more into a tear-it-up philosophy. I think the sticking point will be length of term, with Hunter wanting a long-term commitment and the Vikings offering competitive AAV, but for a much shorter term. This will be interesting, because no matter which way this goes, it's going to have a big impact on the Vikings.
I think that one part of the equation on who WR2 is involves run blocking.  KJO is a much more physical WR than Addison
receiving + blocking value in order to get in that WR2 position.  Obviously that’s possible, and a WR can
offense.

we would have a better option to replace him than we currently do.  I think things would have to get really bad for

Good point on both counts. Barring some epic, multi-pick deal that helps the Vikings secure their QBOTF, if the Vikings trade Hunter, you have to see that as a loss for Kwesi because he clearly didn't prepare for it. 

With Addison, it's easy to watch his tape and get excited about what he brings. He should be a big part of this offense at some point. But he's a rookie. He's got a lot to learn, including run blocking. And KJO just seems like the kind of player who, if you put an obstacle in front of him, is going to find a way over it. 

KJs a bull,  he dont go over obstacles,  or around them,  that  young man goes right through them.  His RAC is fun to watch as he gives as good or better than he gets.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"medaille" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Predictions...

offense.

KJs a bull,  he dont go over obstacles,  or around them,  that  young man goes right through them.  His RAC is fun to watch as he gives as good or better than he gets.
We're lucky to have KJO on the roster! 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"medaille" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Predictions...

offense.

We're lucky to have KJO on the roster! 
Vikings have pulled some pretty good players out of the 5th round recently: KJO, Ty Chandler, Conklin, Daniel Carlson, Diggs. Maybe we can add Jacquelin Roy and Jaren Hall to that group.