Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bradbury returning
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@PurplePastor said:
@MaroonBells said:
With Bradbury's return, the Vikings will return the same starting five OL for the first time in a decade. That line was Matt Kalil, Charlie Johnson, John Sullivan, Brandon Fusco and Phil Loadholt. 
Thank you for this. The reminder of that OL makes me happy to have the one we have now.
i'm old enough to still appreciate:
Stringer, Dixon, Christy, McDaniel, Steussie

And really old enough to remember:
Yary, White, Tinglehoff, Riley, Goodrum

Hell, in 1975 and 1976 the MN Vikings lost a total of 4 frigging games....FOUR

Okay, I'm not thanking you for this reminder. I do remember those OLs. Saw Jeff Sieman about 10 years ago and he and Mick Tinglehoff were pretty close. Sieman argued that back then they played for the love of the game. Still though, how did we not win a Super Bowl?

Ingram improved toward the end of the season. Bradbury was better than previous seasons but is still a liability. Cleveland had too many wiffs. The entire interior O-line was not good at picking up delayed blitzes and some stunts. I would like to see Bradbury and Cleveland replaced, but I would start with Cleveland.
BTW, they tied putting that guard at center last year and he was terrible. Forgot he was supposed to snap the ball twice! The first replacement didn't look too bad though.

Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
Ingram improved toward the end of the season. Bradbury was better than previous seasons but is still a liability. Cleveland had too many wiffs. The entire interior O-line was not good at picking up delayed blitzes and some stunts. I would like to see Bradbury and Cleveland replaced, but I would start with Cleveland.
BTW, they tied putting that guard at center last year and he was terrible. Forgot he was supposed to snap the ball twice! The first replacement didn't look too bad though.
the first game ( the game Schlottman got injured) he struggled, but after he had a week of practice things improved quite a bit IIRC.  regardless,  there has to be some guys that can anchor in pp and get push in the run game that can snap a damn football,  all we have with GB is a new Elf.