Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF grades vs. the Jets
Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"TBro" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
I dont know if we have to be changing things a bunch scheme wise with Brandel playing, but it sure appears we may not have to rush Darrisaw back, and thats a good thing! 

I thought Cook struggled some yesterday and in previous games too. Probably not fair to say its all on him, but he does not seem to consistently have the same burst as seasons b4. 

Edit Interesting to compare vs 21:

22: 198/927/4.7/7 tds, 28 receptions/157/1 td
21: 249/1159/4.7/6 tds, 34 receptions/224/0 td

Doesnt look like he's dropped off much vs 21, I would have thought with KOC that the receiving would be much higher vs 21 
He seems to miss a lot of open holes or cut back lanes like his vision is off. He is very hit or miss. 
Could be the scheme change?  Or he is surprised by an actual opening?
There have been massive holes he's missed. He isn't attacking the hole,   he is dancing around and looking for something better at times and that isn't gonna cut it. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Wetlander" said:
Blake Brandel has been a good player for us with Darrisaw out.  Pretty crazy to see an inexperienced guy like that step in and play like a veteran.  There were rumblings last year the Vikings really liked this kid, glad the new coaching staff saw the same thing.
That 2020 draft is looking pretty good. 

Justin Jefferson, Ezra Cleveland, Cam Dantzler, KJO, and Blake Brandel. Even some of the lesser players have flashed when given the opportunity: DJ Wonnum, James Lynch, Josh Metellus.
wow, 8 of them are getting meaningful snaps.  3 starters and 1 super star.