Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sam vs Teddy Revisited
Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:i
@"BarrNone55" said:
Its not a debate...what bothers me is the Pro Teddy fan boys who will flat out lie about his accomplishments, stats, Bradford's stats, Teddy's injury...its comical..I know these guys should be dismissed as their collective football IQ wouldn't reach room temperature...but it still annoys me...
Didn't you already take your shots on this matter in another thread?   No reason to belittle those of a different opinion than yours.  
I'd say two shots after a full off season of nonstop nonsense and pure bullshit shows remarkable restraint...
Id say the validity of any claims by either side after 1 game would be nonsense and quite possibly bull shit.  

Sam had a great game and I expect it to be a pretty consistent result if things continue around him as they did.  I am sure he will still hit some snags and rough patches along the way,  but its pretty clear that he is definitely the better QB right now and likely deserving of the job going forward,  but like I said in my other post... lots of football to be played yet.

(and nothing to be won by rubbing anybodies nose in anything,  it would be different if they had made it personal,  but for the most part it was just passionate fans defending their guy, and when Teddy wasnt ready by mid summer most of the BS stopped, not all but most.)

Its literally Sam's job to lose. 

Not only is it just 1 game of the 2017 season, I think Bradford has already played to that level in Purple. Sam was an absolute stud up to our meltdown last year. Things got goofy fast.

Personally, I want consistency. Week 1 here certainly shows that Bradford can play at an elite level. He's started two seasons now in Purple red hot.

Im ultimately more impressed with what he achieved than his good performance. I mean, he played a perfect game. Absolutely perfect. Is he going to play perfect games like that all season? That would be something else! ... probably not. But when he is hot, hes very impressive.

... i think we all knew that. Crow was served last year early to those who doubted the trade. The "doubt" about Bradford arose from a shitty offensive line; him overcoming it early and then watching it catch up and swallow the offense. We quickly went from happy crow eating to questioning a lot of things.

He really just needs to be consistent and lead this offense like he did on MNF, like he did early in 2016, and push through adversity when it comes. When he's at the top of his game, our offense can tread above adversity and dominate.

As far a Teddy goes, its all backup talk until otherwise. And thats a good thing; we have a lot of weapons on offense, our defense looked really good. If Teddy can come around we'll have another piece of insurance to go with Keenum. I dont have any problem wishing he was here, as I dont think there even would be any real controversy unless the wheels fall off again. 

Quote: @"dukes" said:
The Vikes need to trade Bridgewater while he still has some value. A 1 and a 2 should do it.
Never get that amount of trade value with his injury and likely no playing time until 2018.  GM's will have lots of questions and no real answers.  Love Teddy but he won't recover the cost of the  Bradford trade..

There was no problem in trading Sam Bradford with all his injuries.  

Quote: @"dukes" said:
There was no problem in trading Sam Bradford with all his injuries.  

He was healthy and proved he could play. Teddy isn't even cleared for contact and cant even practice until after week 6. You aren't getting anything for him at this point. No reason to either.

Bradford was the unanimous best prospect in the 2010 draft and many teams wanted to pick him; Spielman probably fantasized about drafting him.

Bridgewater was a good prospect but 31 teams decided he was not worth their #1 pick. To give a #1 and #2 for him, some team would need to believe his 4 seasons in the NFL - a couple of 14 TD seasons, many handoff, and a devastating injury - have increased his value.

I have never seen anything to support the idea Bridgewater is as hugely respected around the league as by his local devotees.