Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Misc. Thoughts: Dolphins
Quote: @Wetlander said:
Good points, VO.  That is one thing I can live with regarding the defense...  If you're going to be susceptible to giving up yards, you better be opportunistic.  Turnovers count the same as stops and are momentum changers.  Gets the team fired up. 

I hope we keep seeing that, definitely seems like a coaching point because I've noticed a lot more guys chopping the ball on tackles and guys ripping for the ball when there are 2-3 defenders in on the tackle.
Don't know if it is coaching or just luck, but that punch by Harrison Smith was amazing.  It wasn't a gang tackle, he was just diving and punched it out. 

A couple other thoughts on the sacks by the Vikings.  Z seems to be commanding the most attention.  Jones got his in part because Z was double teamed.  Beautiful spin move tho.

One one of Z's sacks, it was a formation issue for the dolphins.  The TE was lined up beside the tackle and pulled to the right.  The LT was very upset because he collided with the TE in his kick step and he barely got a hand on Z.

And the main thought, man Hunter looks good with his hand in the dirt.  His sack was against the LT where he just got low and straight armed the tackle back into Teddy, then discarded him to make the sack.