Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Booth and Cine
Quote: @"Chuckf" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"JR44" said:
Watching Bynum play a solid game continues to make the trade down and the Cine pick a very questionable move.   If we were going defense, I would think a DL who fit the new 3-4 scheme would have made so much more sense, just seems like there were so many other positions of need.  
I think the Cine pick mentality was to have a back-up for an older Dirty Harry, go big 3 @ safety for now. 

And be Smith's eventual replacement at the SS position.  Bynum is a free safety.
I don't know there's much difference with the safeties in today's NFL. You need to be able to stop the pass as Job #1. 

Sounds like Cine is going to play this week, hopefully a fair amount. I
don't think this new staff is dumb enough to use a first round pick on a
guy they plan to mostly sit for a season or God forbid multiple
seasons. Especially at Safety. If that's the case then it was a bad
pick unless he steps on the field and is an All-Pro year 3. But I don't think that's what's happening. I think Cine is going to get on the field a
ton, starting in the next couple of weeks.
Booth- hopefully he can get healthy soon. I'm worried how well Pat Pete is going to hold up. Akayleb Evans did look solidish to me.
EDIT- Also, if the plan all along was to redshirt a guy for a year or possibly two, then Jameson Williams reeeeeally should have been the pick at 12 instead of Cine at 32. Again, this is why I disagree with some fans and I do not think this is the plan.

Quote: @"medaille" said:
I feel like it’s too early for us as fans to
start planning for his exit.  I’d rather
just enjoy watching him play, and Cine isn’t a given at all.

What are you talking about?  Bradbury has taken the torch as the next in a long line of great Viking centers.  1st rounders always turn out.

Quote: @"medaille" said:
Not sure who's not enjoying Harrison, what the discussion was is why was Cine drafted. The answer: to replace Smith ultimately. And yeah, he has to prove that is something he can do.

Booth wouldn't be injured now if Zimmer were still the coach, dammit....because he'd be sitting on the sidelines all year watching Bashaud Breeland throw up all over the field... :p

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"Chuckf" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"JR44" said:
Watching Bynum play a solid game continues to make the trade down and the Cine pick a very questionable move.   If we were going defense, I would think a DL who fit the new 3-4 scheme would have made so much more sense, just seems like there were so many other positions of need.  
I think the Cine pick mentality was to have a back-up for an older Dirty Harry, go big 3 @ safety for now. 

And be Smith's eventual replacement at the SS position.  Bynum is a free safety.
I don't know there's much difference with the safeties in today's NFL. You need to be able to stop the pass as Job #1. 
Agree but I don't think the long range plans are Bynum in the box over Cine.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"medaille" said:
Not sure who's not enjoying Harrison, what the discussion was is why was Cine drafted. The answer: to replace Smith ultimately. And yeah, he has to prove that is something he can do.
Almost by definition, the younger guy will be here longer
than the older guy.  I just don’t think they’re
making any plans to kick Smith out when he’s still playing at a high level, and
Cine wasn’t brought here to replace Smith as some sort of cost savings plan.  I think the plan is more to get as much
talent into the secondary as possible, and to start adding young playmakers to
an aging defense.  I don’t buy into this
SS/FS idea, where new SS replaces old SS. 
I think they’re both going to be interchangeable, such that you don’t
know how the coverage is going to work pre-snap.  I think Bynum is more a pleasant surprise
than part of the plan.

I imagine Cine gets a lot of snaps this week if he’s able,
just keeping an eye on Hurts and closing the gap if he breaks contain.