Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No gnashing of teeth or calls for change?
Quote: @StickyBun said:
Oh, its out there. Those that thought Z got a raw deal. Those that can't trust the new guys until they see it. Those that blame Cousins although he didn't play in the first two games of the preseason. 

You know.....the normal stuff. 
I have not seen any of the above from anywhere in Viking land.  Z got a raw deal?  Trust isn't built in a few months of a novice regime that is impossible and haven't seen Cousin's blamed for anything. 

I wanted Z gone for 3 years, new regime is expected to make mistakes and we have to manage expectations but also not excuse those mistakes either (1st draft trade down value).   Cousins is clearly in a definitive year is he going to produce Top 10 stats for a .500 team or is he going to be able to lead us to a playoff appearance and maybe a victory or two? 

Hoping for the Best but expect a slow start and a build with all the new players/starters, coaches and system.  I think this could be a 9-10 win team and love our stretch of games from week 10-15 where we should rack up some wins after some early season gelling.  The Bears, Lions, Giants and Jets should be 6 wins right there.  I know we have trouble with the Bears but I really think they might be the worst team in football this year.  

I think, after some very premature "THEY DIDN'T CHANGE ENOUGH!" and similar spittle from the same people that insist we're doomed every year that our free agency/draft picks aren't exactly like theirs...it's calmed down to rumbling anticipation.

I know that I'm twitchy as hell, and the last preseason game won't do anything to change that.

We've sat so many starters, we've seen so little of our actual real team, that everyone (including, thankfully, the Pukers) are going to be going into week 1 without too many preconceived notions.  Even guys we've known are in different systems, now, and the "gelling time" is one factor that haunts the back of my Purple brain.

I think that the Week 1 game is destined for overreaction, regardless the outcome.  If we lose, it'll be the end of the world and time to fire everyone including the janitorial staff.  If we win, we're going to THE SHOW and we're taking back the North for the foreseeable future.  If we tie, I figure rampant alcoholism will climb throughout the Midwest.