Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Says the guy worth $240 billion....
Quote: @Skodin said:
@greediron said:
@medaille said:
I would argue (not that I'm disagreeing with you) that the vast majority of the politicians at
the federal level belong to the same party, the establishment party.  They pretend to be republicans or
democrats.  They say words that sound
like what we would expect them to say, and they say words to get elected.  But when it comes to action, they don’t act
in alignment with the values they say. 
They act in alignment with what their donors want and the same people
fund both parties.  When it comes to doing
something that we went, they have very visible confrontation, and arguments,
and nothing happens.  They always
conveniently fall just short.  When it
comes to tax cuts for their donors, or buying bombs or subsidizing oil or
eliminating liability for vaccine companies. 
No problem.  Unanimous decision
after unanimous decision.  Probably don’t
even need to read the bill.

We either need to reclaim our government by eliminating
career politicians and voting 3rd party or we need to build an alternative
that works better and then opt out of the government by not paying taxes.  There’s always going to be some existential
crisis as to why you have to keep voting for the establishment democrat or
establishment republican.  Either they’re
going to take away your guns or abortion or something else.  There’s always something to corral you into
voting Red or Blue.

Man if I could give this 50 likes...

The warmonger party, the central party, the establishment party.  Whatever they are called, this is so spot on.  They spout whatever will keep getting them elected and then do what their handlers want.  I have long been critical of the pro-life movement in politics.  They are too easily swayed, a cheep date if you will.  And we are the ones that keep getting F*ed.  
2 words

TERM LIMITS

Ends the career politician mentality, the civil servants who make 10X the people they represent annually.  
The problem with Term limits is that it would only apply to the politicians and not the lobbyists.  The politicians change frequently, but the lobbyists stay forever.

Quote: @greediron said:
@Skodin said:
@greediron said:
@medaille said:
I would argue (not that I'm disagreeing with you) that the vast majority of the politicians at
the federal level belong to the same party, the establishment party.  They pretend to be republicans or
democrats.  They say words that sound
like what we would expect them to say, and they say words to get elected.  But when it comes to action, they don’t act
in alignment with the values they say. 
They act in alignment with what their donors want and the same people
fund both parties.  When it comes to doing
something that we went, they have very visible confrontation, and arguments,
and nothing happens.  They always
conveniently fall just short.  When it
comes to tax cuts for their donors, or buying bombs or subsidizing oil or
eliminating liability for vaccine companies. 
No problem.  Unanimous decision
after unanimous decision.  Probably don’t
even need to read the bill.

We either need to reclaim our government by eliminating
career politicians and voting 3rd party or we need to build an alternative
that works better and then opt out of the government by not paying taxes.  There’s always going to be some existential
crisis as to why you have to keep voting for the establishment democrat or
establishment republican.  Either they’re
going to take away your guns or abortion or something else.  There’s always something to corral you into
voting Red or Blue.

Man if I could give this 50 likes...

The warmonger party, the central party, the establishment party.  Whatever they are called, this is so spot on.  They spout whatever will keep getting them elected and then do what their handlers want.  I have long been critical of the pro-life movement in politics.  They are too easily swayed, a cheep date if you will.  And we are the ones that keep getting F*ed.  
2 words

TERM LIMITS

Ends the career politician mentality, the civil servants who make 10X the people they represent annually.  
The problem with Term limits is that it would only apply to the politicians and not the lobbyists.  The politicians change frequently, but the lobbyists stay forever.
the lobbyists are the problem,  but the longer a politician is there,  the easier they are to control.  lots of debts to repay and lots of skeletons accumulate in those closets if they dont get cleaned very often.  term limits would make it harder for the lobbyists to get their hooks into the politicians.

also,  make laws severe when dealing with illegal lobbying and bribery.  when a lobbyist or lobbying entity is found breaking the laws...shoot them in the fucking head, or something else to make sure nobody feels like their actions would have no consequences.... and enough of these bull shit foundations... seriously,  does anybody actually believe they are anything more than a way to line to pockets of those that carry influence and a way for those that are buying the influence to get a tax write off as a result of it?