Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MB might like this one...
Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
It's draft season, so I guess take this and a lot of other things with a grain of salt....but who knows. 

https://vikingsterritory.com/2022/general-news/peter-king-confirms-vikings-interest-in-coveted-draft-prospect

“The Vikings are interested in Stingley too, and they might view a one-year Patrick Peterson mentorship (LSU ties) worthy of trying to trade up for him.”
Without a 4th, I doubt they'll trade up, but a Peterson/Daronte Jones/JJ connection to Stingley could allay (or confirm) whatever fears the team might have about him. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@PurpleCrush said:
It's draft season, so I guess take this and a lot of other things with a grain of salt....but who knows. 

https://vikingsterritory.com/2022/general-news/peter-king-confirms-vikings-interest-in-coveted-draft-prospect

“The Vikings are interested in Stingley too, and they might view a one-year Patrick Peterson mentorship (LSU ties) worthy of trying to trade up for him.”
Without a 4th, I doubt they'll trade up, but a Peterson/Daronte Jones/JJ connection to Stingley could allay (or confirm) whatever fears the team might have about him. 
Definitely. Can't say the team won't have enough information at their disposal re: Stingley. 

If Sauce a were to fall outside the top 5 or 6 as this mock suggests,  do you look to move up for him?

I likely don't, but I would be tempted.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
If Sauce a were to fall outside the top 5 or 6 as this mock suggests,  do you look to move up for him?

Yea that was my first thought when looking at that draft projection.  I wonder what we would have to give up to go from 12 up into the 7-9 range?
I tried to mock draft to watch Sauce fall into the 8 range and I could never get him to fall further than 7 and only once out of about 15 drafts on PFF.  McDuffie is also almost gone every time by our pick.  Looks like 3 corners gone in the Top 11.  

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:

I feel the same, but the answer is no. I would LOVE to get Sauce, but with how deep the defensive class is this year, it's best to stack picks in the first 3-4 rounds