Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MB might like this one...
Surprise! Many expect this pick to be Michigan edge Aidan Hutchinson, and understandably so. But in this case, the Jags project that this young man's NFL numbers will exceed his college ones. Gifted with great ability and a fine work ethic, Walker will pair well with Josh Allen.
Pick 2 (DET)
Aidan HutchinsonMichigan · Edge · Senior
It just makes too much sense. The Michigan native and University of Michigan product stays local, immediately helping the Lions while strengthening the culture that head coach Dan Campbell is implementing.
Pick 3 (Texans)
Oregon · Edge · Junior
I really considered pegging the most gifted edge rusher in this class at No. 1 overall to Jacksonville. New Texans head coach Lovie Smith has no problem with this former Duck migrating to Houston.
Pick 4 (NYJ)

Ickey EkwonuN.C. State · OT · Junior
The Jets continue to gather help for talented young QB Zach Wilson. If one of the top three edge rushers remains on the board come draft night, New York could go in that direction.
Pick 5 (GIANTS)

Evan NealAlabama · OT · Junior
The Giants have been trying to improve their offensive line for years, and this versatile performer started at three different positions -- playing well in each of them -- during his Alabama career. Neal will help give QB Daniel Jones the best opportunity to succeed in a make-or-break season.
Pick 6 (PANTHERS) 

Malik Willis
Liberty · QB · Senior (RS)
In this exercise, it's Carolina that makes the first move on a QB from the 2022 class. GM Scott Fitterer recently mentioned the Panthers' strong need for a field general who will take hold of the starting job and own it. They opt for this young man's upside.
Bucky Brooks shows how Malik Willis plays similarly to Steve McNair
Pick 7 (NYG)

Jermaine Johnson II

Florida State · Edge · Senior (RS)
Pass rush is a need for Big Blue, and what a final college season of production -- and postseason of polish -- from the ACC Defensive Player of the Year.

Pick 8 (ATL)
Garrett WilsonOhio State · WR · Junior
Atlanta's offensive makeover continues. First, Marcus Mariota is brought in to replace Matt Ryan at QB. Now, the Falcons select this Buckeyes speedster to fill the void left by Calvin Ridley's suspension.

Pick 9 (Seattle)
Sauce GardnerCincinnati · CB · Junior
Seattle's roster has need areas all over the place, but defense must be a priority. Notre Dame's Kyle Hamilton got consideration here as a hybrid playmaker, but the pick is the guy they call "Sauce," who has paired a tremendous 2021 season with an eye-popping run-up to the draft.
Pick 10 (JETS)
Derek Stingley Jr
Plenty of questions about his last two seasons -- see: uneven play, injuries -- but it's impossible to forget Stingley's freshman campaign. He was beyond dominant in 2019, both in practice against Ja'Marr Chase and on game day versus the best the SEC had to offer. Jets fans are hoping for a revival of "Revis Island."

Pick 11 (WASHINGTON)

Kyle Hamilton
Notre Dame · S · Junior
My favorite player in the draft. I know worries emerged when he posted slower-than-anticipated 40 times at the NFL Scouting Combine and Notre Dame's pro day, but Hamilton's easily fast enough on tape. His range, length, ball skills and tackling would pair nicely with current Commanders safety Kamren Curl. I also expect Washington to strongly consider a QB, even after the acquisition of Carson Wentz.
Pick 12 (MN Vikings)

Trent McDuffieWashington · CB · Junior
Savvy, smart, fluid -- McDuffie has impressed many an evaluator. The Vikings start with a fresh talent at the cornerback position under new GM Kwesi Adofo-Mensah and first-time head coach Kevin O'Connell.
Pick 13 (Texans)

Charles CrossMississippi State · OT · Sophomore (RS)
As the best pass-protecting OT in the draft, Cross gives second-year QB Davis Mills more help as the Texans try to work their way back to the top of the AFC South division that they owned for a recent stretch.
Pick 14 (RAVENS)
Jordan DavisGeorgia · DT · Senior
Not only did Davis put on the show of shows at the combine, but he fits what the Ravens covet from their defensive interior players: speed and playmaking ability, both of which are crucial in an AFC North that loves to run the ball.
First Draft: Jordan Davis

Pick 15 (Eagles)
Devonte WyattGeorgia · DT · Senior
The Eagles re-signed Fletcher Cox to a one-year deal, but adding his eventual replacement now is an excellent idea.

Pick 16 (SAINTS)

New Orleans Saints(from IND through PHI)
Chris OlaveOhio State · WR · Senior
With the re-signing of QB Jameis Winston, I expect the Saints to try to push the ball downfield more often, and Olave has a penchant for creating big plays over the top.
https://www.nfl.com/news/charles-davis-2...inish-roun

Love McD, inside and out. But I think many scouts are going to see him as a slot. Will the Vikings? I don't know. I know we just signed one. I know one thing that will piss off some folks. Stingley on the board and the Vikings go McDuffie. Stingley could slide a bit...and not just for injury concerns. Tomorrow's workout might have something to say about that. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Love McD, inside and out. But I think many scouts are going to see him as a slot. Will the Vikings? I don't know. I know we just signed one. I know one thing that will piss off some folks. Stingley on the board and the Vikings go McDuffie. Stingley could slide a bit...and not just for injury concerns. Tomorrow's workout might have something to say about that. 
In this mock Stingley goes #10 to the Jets...

Agree with you on a couple things:

1). Stingley's work-out is going to cement his draft slot. Hell, he could be top 5 if he kills it. 
2). Agree with your assessment on Devonte Wyatt...He doesnt get all the clippings Walker does, but he could project very well in the Pro's. He could very well be a Viking. 

I have no idea what KAM/KOC do if Davis, Wyatt, Cross, Olave and McDuffie are all there???

I think a lot of those concerns are going to go away if he truly is healthy. If that's the case, I think he runs under 4.4

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@MaroonBells said:
I think a lot of those concerns are going to go away if he truly is healthy. If that's the case, I think he runs under 4.4
I have a feeling he's perfectly healthy. The concerns I'm hearing/reading about are about effort and tackling. And that health was not the reason for his down 2020. He could slide...and beyond 12. I will say this though. There isn't a corner with his natural athleticism, change of direction, etc. It's even better than Sauce IMO. 

Which is why I go back and forth if Stingley could ever become a Viking - even with McShay mocking him to Vikes today.

Either the medicals will turn everyone (including Eagan) off, or he'll never make it to 12. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Which is why I go back and forth if Stingley could ever become a Viking - even with McShay mocking him to Vikes today.

Either the medicals will turn everyone (including Eagan) off, or he'll never make it to 12. 

From what I read the doctors have given Stingley a clean bill of health and will run his Pro Day drills without restriction 

@Hawkvike25 said:
@MaroonBells said:
I have a feeling he's perfectly healthy. The concerns I'm hearing/reading about are about effort and tackling. And that health was not the reason for his down 2020. He could slide...and beyond 12. I will say this though. There isn't a corner with his natural athleticism, change of direction, etc. It's even better than Sauce IMO. 
2020 was a very weird season for LSU. They lost a lot of dudes and a lot of guys were hurt...I think Stingley was banged up for the majority of that season. I rarely watched them that year so I dont really recall anything from him or them...his true freshman season was absolutely insane though.

You're right, his skills are insane as well as his athleticism. Not many lock down corners so hopefully he's coachable on that end

It's draft season, so I guess take this and a lot of other things with a grain of salt....but who knows. 

https://vikingsterritory.com/2022/general-news/peter-king-confirms-vikings-interest-in-coveted-draft-prospect

“The Vikings are interested in Stingley too, and they might view a one-year Patrick Peterson mentorship (LSU ties) worthy of trying to trade up for him.”