Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cutting Cousins cap hit in half without adding money
Still need Cousins to agree to adding void years and I do not think that it is in his best interests.

There is a reason they did not allow them to be added into this current deal.

Surely we should expect that Brez would have thought to do so right?

He just did with Barr, Richardson, Hunter, and Tomlinson but those were before the pandemic lowered cap.

Quote: @"Montana Tom" said:
The gaslighting that has been going on the last few years is that Zim was a defensive guru, yet in reality A) the last two years, our D has been a bottom feeder, adn B) three out of the last four years years were actually Cousin's best statistical years, save for 2016 at the Redskins.  In Zim's "run first" offense.  Imagine if you will, a world in which the Vikings D would actually get more 3 and outs, could actually stop anybody, and put the Offense back on the field more.  I'm on the fence about Cousins, but looking at the facts and the context of what he's been allowed to do by his coaches Offensive Coordinator(s), again, in the entire Offense, Defense and Special Teams...there are worse options.  The grass ain't always greener.
Good to see you posting. 

Quote: @"MarkSP18" said:
Still need Cousins to agree to adding void years and I do not think that it is in his best interests.

He just did with Barr, Richardson, Hunter, and Tomlinson but those were before the pandemic lowered cap.
I disagree; I think it is totally in his interest.  He is still paid the same this year -- he does not defer a cent.  Meanwhile, the team is able to get some cap room to perhaps add a good Olineman.  That, and the new coach more passing oriented, would help Cousins' stats.  This would lead to him being more desirable next year to both the Vikings and the rest of the league when he becomes a free agent.  Moreover, because of the dead Cousin cap $, the Vikings would be again in the position they are this year -- being over the barrel as it comes to Cousins.

Quote: @"VikingOracle" said:
@"MarkSP18" said:

I disagree; I think it is totally in his interest.  He is still paid the same this year -- he does not defer a cent.  Meanwhile, the team is able to get some cap room to perhaps add a good Olineman.  That, and the new coach more passing oriented, would help Cousins' stats.  This would lead to him being more desirable next year to both the Vikings and the rest of the league when he becomes a free agent.  Moreover, because of the dead Cousin cap $, the Vikings would be again in the position they are this year -- being over the barrel as it comes to Cousins.
Everybody was bitching the reason Cousins sucked was because of our defense.
So I hope every bit of money we saved goes into building the defense.   Smile

edit: Nevermind I see we are still 2 million over cap, even with Cousins deal.