Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harbaugh flying in, Ryans out!
Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"claykenny" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:
Harbaugh, to put it bluntly, is a strange person. He's quirky and unique and extraordinarily competitive; his mind is always racing and his temper isn't always in control. From the famous khakis he wears every day to over-the-top recruiting tactics, there are all kinds of wild little details and stories from Harbaugh's coaching career — and others that date back to his playing days. His intense, demanding coaching style and personality, in his own words, can "wear out his welcome" somewhere after a while. Alex Boone, a former Vikings guard who played for Harbaugh in San Francisco, once said the coach "might be clinically insane."
Things fell apart quickly for Harbaugh with the 49ers despite an incredibly successful three years to begin his tenure. He feuded with general manager Trent Baalke over various things, including control of the roster. He feuded with CEO Jed York. It wasn't pretty towards the end of that run.
Alex Boone has complained about someone or something at every stop from college through the NFL. I recall a quote from him that Harbaugh “worked them too hard”. 

Staley, Boldin, and Gore all had great things to say about him. Vernon Davis said he brought them a positive culture change.

I guess I’m saying that I don’t really care what Alex Boone’s opinion is on anything.
Perhaps Boone was saying that "clinically insane" comment in the positive?

I sort of assume Boone brought the Harbaugh mentality to the Vikings, all talk and no game.
All talk and no game? He won big at San Diego. He turned around Stanford pretty quickly, despite all the hurdles they face in recruiting due to academic standards. Same in San Francisco. Went 61-24 at Michigan and finally dethroned Ohio State. Definitely not a track record of success.

I won't get worked up either way about who they hire.  from my experience the fan support is waning bringing in Harbaugh may just be the guy to bring in some enthusiasm to the fan base ( yeah I know teams don't care about fans the just want to win football games) thinking about the new GM and his first pick for a coach Harbaugh is probably the best option especially since he has Head coaching experience and success.  hiring a big name also takes some pressure off as the burden for success falls on the new HC not the GM.   going the route of hiring a new coach either a O or D coordinator " unproven is probably too much risk for an unknown upside/return, you get that wrong and your GM tenure is short lived.  Harbaugh is the safer bet.

Jim v Tomasson

Quote: @"claykenny" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"claykenny" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:
Harbaugh, to put it bluntly, is a strange person. He's quirky and unique and extraordinarily competitive; his mind is always racing and his temper isn't always in control. From the famous khakis he wears every day to over-the-top recruiting tactics, there are all kinds of wild little details and stories from Harbaugh's coaching career — and others that date back to his playing days. His intense, demanding coaching style and personality, in his own words, can "wear out his welcome" somewhere after a while. Alex Boone, a former Vikings guard who played for Harbaugh in San Francisco, once said the coach "might be clinically insane."
Things fell apart quickly for Harbaugh with the 49ers despite an incredibly successful three years to begin his tenure. He feuded with general manager Trent Baalke over various things, including control of the roster. He feuded with CEO Jed York. It wasn't pretty towards the end of that run.
Alex Boone has complained about someone or something at every stop from college through the NFL. I recall a quote from him that Harbaugh “worked them too hard”. 

Staley, Boldin, and Gore all had great things to say about him. Vernon Davis said he brought them a positive culture change.

I guess I’m saying that I don’t really care what Alex Boone’s opinion is on anything.
Perhaps Boone was saying that "clinically insane" comment in the positive?

I sort of assume Boone brought the Harbaugh mentality to the Vikings, all talk and no game.
All talk and no game? He won big at San Diego. He turned around Stanford pretty quickly, despite all the hurdles they face in recruiting due to academic standards. Same in San Francisco. Went 61-24 at Michigan and finally dethroned Ohio State. Definitely not a track record of success.
Well, Boone started in the NFL for years, so he was obviously successful.  But as time went on, it became clear that his mouth was bigger than his motor.

Sometimes analogies and opinions are just that, analogies and opinions.  Don't confuse them with being a factual statement than needs to be proven.  With all his bluster, Harbaugh wore out his welcome in the NFL and then jumped ship before it sank.