Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Vikings waiting until Wednesday for Poles be problematic?
Keep in mind, the Bears have not even finished their first set of interviews for GM.  Poles would really need to wow them for them to cancel the remaining GM interviews they have set up.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:
The #Vikings begin their second round of GM interviews today with the Browns’ Kwesi Adofo-Mensah. The Chiefs’ Ryan Poles, who has a second interview with the Bears today, is scheduled to be in Minnesota for a second interview with the Vikings on Wednesday.
Hopefully this gets resolved in the next 7-10 days. I want them in on the sweepstakes for their top hc candidates. I think those dominoes will begin to fall soon as teams prep for new league year. 

I think we'll know by Friday who the GM is.

Quote: @"VikingOracle" said:
Keep in mind, the Bears have not even finished their first set of interviews for GM.  Poles would really need to wow them for them to cancel the remaining GM interviews they have set up.
I doubt  that's even a possibility.  If I'm Poles I take both interviews then make a decision.  There would have to be something amazing that he discovers in his visit to Chicago that would trigger that kind of quick decision.  I'm hard pressed to imagine what it would be... Virginia McCaskey offering him a glass of Ovaltine during the interview, perhaps? :# :3

Quote: @"VikingOracle" said:
I believe this is his 2nd interview w/ Chicago. 

Quote: @"PurpleCrush" said:
@"VikingOracle" said:
I believe this is his 2nd interview w/ Chicago. 
Agreed.  Let me correct myself, Chicago finished their first set of GM interviews yesterday: Brown and Khan.  "According to NBC Sports Chicago’s Adam Hoge, both Brown and Khan are considered to be “very strong candidates” for the Bears’ GM vacancy."  Additionally, the Bears have (at least) three sets of second interviews lined up - Poles, Ossenfort and Wolf.  Thus, my point is that the Bears are behind the Vikings in the interview process and Poles would really need to blow them away to get a job offer before Chicago finishes all their interviews.    

Quote: @"comet52" said:
@"VikingOracle" said:
I doubt  that's even a possibility.  If I'm Poles I take both interviews then make a decision.  There would have to be something amazing that he discovers in his visit to Chicago that would trigger that kind of quick decision.  I'm hard pressed to imagine what it would be... Virginia McCaskey offering him a glass of Ovaltine during the interview, perhaps? :# :3
Ok I guess it was 2 Ovaltines and a lovely suet pudding.  Deal sealed for da Bears!