Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if: Penix at #11, Powers-Johnson at #23?
Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
@supafreak84 said:
@mgobluevikes said:
@supafreak84 said:
@mgobluevikes said:
Why am I getting the feeling that Daniels might be the QB that slips out of the top 3?
Just me, but I think Washington brought in Kingsbury to specifically work with Daniels and design an offense around him. Daniels is the type of quarterback Kingsbury loves because of his running ability 
I'm surprised anybody, let alone the new Commies brass would hitch their wagon to a Kingsbury "offensive" philosophy which failed so spectacularly post-Texas Tech.
Dan Quinn is a Zimner type who just wants to focus on his defense and let someone else run the offense and Kingsbury is still well thought of as an offensive mind. Daniels is more the type of quarterback he traditionally prefers with his running ability. The Commies don't have much on offense so finding a big play quarterback would be huge for them. I'd be surprised to see them go Maye, who is another North Carolina product and shares some similarities with the guy they just ousted in Sam Howell 
I get that comparison, but why would Quinn want to go with such a high risk offense out of the gate, when the body of evidence just doesn't support it. I think the number of NFL teams that hold Kingsbury in such high regard is actually pretty small. If they want to go with Daniels based on his strengths of arm talent and reading defenses, cool, but that guy is going to get killed if they use him like Jackson, Hurts, Murray, etc.  
Instant offense. He probably figures with his defense and Kingsbury scheming up plays for Daniels it gives them instant offense that they can win games with. Not sure why else he'd bring in Kingsbury if that wasn't the case, but we'll find out in a few weeks