Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LaCanfora: Vikings to move on from Zimmer without a playoff showing
Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Well...there's quite a difference between your post title (Vikings to move on) and LaCanfora's (Vikings could move on). 

Yes, Jason, Vikings could move on from Zimmer. 
Question: why would the Wilfs stick with Zimmer if he doesn't reach the playoffs?? He'd be heading into his 8th season as HC, with the last 2 being playoff-less. There's the stink of being beyond your expiration date.

I don't disagree. If we don't take a roster this loaded to the playoffs, Zimmer's job will be in jeopardy.

I only wish there were a way to keep him as DC. No chance of that though. Maybe Dre stays? But it won't take Zim long to find work, and I'd bet half his guys go with him. 

Damn Im down on the team but we’ve played 1/17th of our games lol. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Well...there's quite a difference between your post title (Vikings to move on) and LaCanfora's (Vikings could move on). 

Yes, Jason, Vikings could move on from Zimmer. 
Question: why would the Wilfs stick with Zimmer if he doesn't reach the playoffs?? He'd be heading into his 8th season as HC, with the last 2 being playoff-less. There's the stink of being beyond your expiration date.

I don't disagree. If we don't take a roster this loaded to the playoffs, Zimmer's job will be in jeopardy.

I only wish there were a way to keep him as DC. No chance of that though. Maybe Dre stays? But it won't take Zim long to find work, and I'd bet half his guys go with him. 
Totally agree. This is 100% the right way to think. But of course you know that never happens. 

Quote: @"JR44" said:
Zimmer is not the biggest issue with this team, you can tell how frustrated he is dealing with a bunch of selfish players who won't listen to him.  After the last time we won the division, we came back the next year as a Super Bowl favorite and with a lot of momentum plus the new stadium and the injury really crushed all of that, next year, we picked it up again with Case and a team that played with passion and a group of guys who played well as a team.  Since that season, it feels like a team that is made up of a bunch of individuals who are not on the same page, does not seem like there is any kind of team chemistry or a passion to win, they just come out and go through the motions.  I don't see any leadership coming from the players especially the QB.  
If he's lost the team he is absolutely the issue. Maybe his gruff call guys out act has worn out for the team leaders. Or maybe it's the refusal to upgrade their game style to match the league. Either of these is a great case for why he needs to be gone. 

Zimmer's shelf life has expired with the Vikings but he would plead his case if the Wilf's decide to move on.  He has his seasonal excuse already on staff in a new young inexperienced OC.  Plus new inexperienced offensive linemen all he needs is time for the team to gel and clean up mistakes.  Yada...Yada...same old shit different season. 

Hopefully by this evening this thread is filled with refutes and rebuttals; and not 3 pages of fire & brimstone.

[Image: LakeOfFireUltimateDefeat.jpg]

I like Zimmer, Im actually cool with him FWIW.......I even like his “show me the baby” it a nice way of saying he expects results, shit or get off the pot...WIN GAMES.

What Im NOT COOL with, is nepotism.  

get people in there who have damn well EARNED their stripes and DESERVE a shot.
Not the kids of coaches promoted from “ball boy” and “get-back” to a coordinator gig.

And Zimmer could swerve to miss a deer and get a concussion and be out the rest of the year.