Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kerrigan to Philly ...
Quote: @Lee 19 said:
Don’t hold your breath waiting for the Vikings to sign anyone wanting more than vets minimum. Payroll is 27th out of 32 clubs this year. Wilf’s pinching pennies this year.
The Wilfs have never been shy about spending money...  look at the guaranteed money paid out to Kirk, Harrison, Hunter, Linval, Everson, Rhodes, Thielen, Diggs, Dalvin, etc...  and that's just in the last couple years.  Don't make it sound like they haven't spent money to field a Championship level team.  It hasn't worked out, but it's not from a lack of spending... 

Agreed, can't find fault with how Wilfs have monetarily supported the team.

Lack of a trophy doesn't trace to lack of spend or trying from ownership. 

You’re missing my point. I said they’re pinching pennies THIS year. Maybe their personal finances require this. They just bought a soccer club so maybe they need to keep payroll tight this year. When the Glazers bought a soccer team they had to cut Bucs payroll for awhile. That’s why Gruden was let go at end of 2008. They knew purging payroll under Gruden and Allen would be messy so they dumped them and signed a cheap Raheem Morris.

Kerrigan?  nancy?  Musta missed her gains

You’re missing my point. I said they’re pinching pennies THIS year. Maybe their personal finances require this. They just bought a soccer club so maybe they need to keep payroll tight this year. When the Glazers bought a soccer team they had to cut Bucs payroll for awhile. That’s why Gruden was let go at end of 2008. They knew purging payroll under Gruden and Allen would be messy so they dumped them and signed a cheap Raheem Morris.
didnt the glazers buy a real soccer team and the wilfs are just messing around in the minors?  

I doubt with as well as the markets have been in the last few years that the Wilfs are pinching pennies,  most likely any cap space they have now will be used to help take the sting out of new contracts for Hunter, ONeill, and a few others that will be coming due in the next 12 months.

Why would they sit on $14MM of cap space? They're gonna spend over half of that before the season starts, regardless of what their personal finances look like