Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Minnesota Wild fans?
I'm not expecting a win Friday night, but I'm happy as heck to see the Wild fighting, and clawing their way back to a game 7.  Vegas is a top-tier team, and obviously the Wild have already exceeded any expectations for the season, but it would be so awesome to knock Vegas out.  Probably won't happen, but I love the way this scrappy, well coached team is playing right now.  Talbot in net is playing as good or better than any Wild goalie I've seen,Go Wild - SKOL!

The Wild did a great job of taking away scoring chances and reduced Vegas' shots on goal. As much as Vegas tried to push the pace through the neutral zone, the Wild just sat back and bided their time while getting another superb performance out of Talbot who still needed to make some dramatic saves. The Fiala to Hartman goal was a thing of beauty and you could see that Fleury was not the same after letting that first goal in. 

Quote: @"TBro" said:
The Wild did a great job of taking away scoring chances and reduced Vegas' shots on goal. As much as Vegas tried to push the pace through the neutral zone, the Wild just sat back and bided their time while getting another superb performance out of Talbot who still needed to make some dramatic saves. The Fiala to Hartman goal was a thing of beauty and you could see that Fleury was not the same after letting that first goal in. 
He rarely is,  imo the key to Fleury is getting after him early and getting those dirty goals and then stay on top of him,  when he is second guessing himself he starts to move unnecessarily in the crease which he is then taking himself out of position at times for easy goals.

It was nice to see Vegas have a goal taken away. Just sayin. It was also nice to get a power play goal. Parise's presence was important. I know he is nearing the end but he helps in many ways. Great to see more guys stepping up. And oh yeah Cam Mother Fucking Talbot. 

Quote: @"minny65" said:
Kaprizsov has been OK to poor so far in his first playoff appearance.  He had a very nice past assist last night but he has been turning the puck over and making some other mistakes.  Only 3 games into his playoff career but I hope he starts to play better because we need him to win.
He's playing much better, I think he shook off the early playoff nerves.  Hope he really steps up Game 7!!!

Well that certainly was anti climatic,  the first half of the game was entertaining but the wild seemed to lose their legs about half way through the second for the rest of that period they were reacting late and chasing instead of dictating the flow of play and forcing vegas to work,  some of that defensive zone time looked pathetic..... I couldn't even watch the third.  What a sad ending to an entertaining season.

Parises goal was a beautiful thing though,  I wonder what could have been had they used him the whole series?

[Image: It-all-ends-in-tears-anyway?size=800]

Yes, entertaining season and a bright future for the Wild!

I apologize Wild fans, it's all my fault...  I watched last night and they always lose when I watch...  They ran out of gas and defensemen later in the game

3 offseason moves the Minnesota Wild need to make (msn.com)

The Minnesota Wild fought quite admirably against the Vegas Golden Knights, taking the President's Trophy runner-up all the way to seven games in their first round series. Their season came to an end thanks to a 6-2 loss on Friday night.
In many ways, the Wild had a very successful season. They finished as the third-place team in a competitive Honda West Division. Had they been in their normal Central Division, they would have finished second, behind only the Colorado Avalanche.
For the first time in years, the Wild were actually fun to watch. They have a reputation around the league for being quite boring and unexciting. For just the second time in franchise history, and the first time since the 2015-16 season, the Wild finished among the top 10 teams in goals scored. Led by rookie sensation and highlight-reel regular Kirill Kaprizov, the Wild were one of the most exciting teams in the league.
The Wild are a team on the verge of being something special. Their young players have taken significant steps forward. The Wild had to wait years for Kaprizov to come over from the KHL, but thus far, he has proven to be more than worth the wait. In order to take the next step forward and become serious Stanley Cup contenders, the Wild have to nail this offseason. Here's a look at what they should do.