Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TDN Mock Draft
Quote: @pattersaur said:

EDIT- the Gladney off field stuff has me worried the Vikes pick Horn. I personally think CB— not DE— is the biggest “threat” to not taking an OL in the first. 
No way. You really think so?

Sure, Gladney's thing takes it up a notch in the round one position odds, but not as high as DE. This DL is one starting edge away from being potentially dominant.  You want the Williams Wall. You need the Williams wall.

OK, we'll need a corner too, but I say this is a position much better filled from those stack of 3rds and 4ths. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@pattersaur said:

EDIT- the Gladney off field stuff has me worried the Vikes pick Horn. I personally think CB— not DE— is the biggest “threat” to not taking an OL in the first. 
No way. You really think so?

Sure, Gladney's thing takes it up a notch in the round one position odds, but not as high as DE. This DL is one starting edge away from being potentially dominant.  You want the Williams Wall. You need the Williams wall.

OK, we'll need a corner too, but I say this is a position much better filled from those stack of 3rds and 4ths. 
Yeah I see both sides (and I’d rather see neither side on draft night— I WANT OL), but with how often RS picks CB early, how often he usually waits on DL, and with Guru’s first mock warning of us to brace for CBpocalypse (even before the Gladney news), as crazy as it seems I could see MIN drafting yet another first round corner.

Hopefully Surtain and Horn are both gone before #14. 

I don’t get the Darrisaw love.  I’d much rather have Teven Jenkins.  All the stuff I’ve seen of Darrisaw, and
maybe I’m just missing the good games, but he just kind of seems like he’s casually
in the way of the defender.  He reminds
me of McKinney, where he’s just kind of loafing around out there and people
struggle to get around him.  Jenkins is
putting people on their backs repeatedly. 
I’d like to get someone with some nasty in him.  I think he’d make a ton of sense at either guard,
but you could also put him at RT and move O’Neill over to LT, if you like prefer
that over having Cleveland at LT.
If anyone has some Darrisaw games they recommend that showcase his best, I'd be interested in giving him more of a look.

Quote: @medaille said:
I don’t get the Darrisaw love.  I’d much rather have Teven Jenkins.  All the stuff I’ve seen of Darrisaw, and
maybe I’m just missing the good games, but he just kind of seems like he’s casually
I’d like to get someone with some nasty in him.  I think he’d make a ton of sense at either guard,
but you could also put him at RT and move O’Neill over to LT, if you like prefer
If anyone has some Darrisaw games they recommend that showcase his best, I'd be interested in giving him more of a look.
He's not the Cosi or Jenkins type. He is more about technique and footwork with his style. One thing he excels at is his pass blocking sets. Once he gets his arms extended on the defender and anchors, you are not moving him. He can also pull in the run game and is quick for his size. Posted a 4.89 forty at his pro day and has great size and arm length which he definitely uses well against defenders to disrupt the pass rush. He is effective, he just has a different style than the road graders you mentioned. Definitely an upgrade for us on the OLine. 

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
Yeahhhhh, hard pass on that mock draft. Toss in another draft pick so the Redskins give us their second rounder. No way I would trade back 5 spots, get a 3rd rounder in return, and draft a unknown DE.
Yea I was thinking the same thing before I read your post.  We can get more then the 74th pick for sure.  I think the Washington move up for Jones or any of the remaining Top 5 QB's would be likely and what I am hoping for unless Sewell is still there at around 8, which is extremely unlikely.

We would be able to take-advantage of any team moving into our spot for QB.  Meaning we would win on the value chart - IMO.  Using the point system I think we could get DC's 19 & 51 for our 14, 125, 134 giving us about a 75 point advantage for their desperation.  

That gives us picks: 19,51,78,90,119,143,157,168,199,223

Darrisaw is a no brainer at 19 like many have said.

Quote: @minny65 said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
Yeahhhhh, hard pass on that mock draft. Toss in another draft pick so the Redskins give us their second rounder. No way I would trade back 5 spots, get a 3rd rounder in return, and draft a unknown DE.
Yea I was thinking the same thing before I read your post.  We can get more then the 74th pick for sure.  I think the Washington move up for Jones or any of the remaining Top 5 QB's would be likely and what I am hoping for unless Sewell is still there at around 8, which is extremely unlikely.

We would be able to take-advantage of any team moving into our spot for QB.  Meaning we would win on the value chart - IMO.  Using the point system I think we could get DC's 19 & 51 for our 14, 125, 134 giving us about a 75 point advantage for their desperation.  

If he's there.

If my above scenario happens I would do something like this:

19 - Darrisaw - T - #1 need
51 - Levi (Washington) - perfect 3T for our DL - not a big need but can't pass him up.  We don't really have a 3T on our roster.
78 - Rashad Weaver - DE - Pitt - I really like Weaver here if he is still available which the OP draft does.  Bounced back from an injury in 2019 to have his best season.  Good fundamentals and really contains the edge in the run game as well.
90 - Cisco - S - Syracuse.  Another guy that might be available later because of his injury as well.  He is a ballhawk Safety with great speed and can send a message with his collisions!

I also think Aaron Banks (G) will be available much later then 74.  

Lastly, I can't get over the lack of production/sacks for Oweh.  I don't like any of his picks at all!

Quote: @medaille said:
No doubt, he lacks urgency in his game and that is concerning, but his frame (34.5 arms), consistency, movement skills, footwork and RESULTS are hard to argue with. I like Jenkins a lot too. He's the opposite of Darrisaw in many ways. He's a badass, but he's not as consistent as Darrisaw. Combine the two and you'd have the perfect tackle. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@minny65 said:
@Hawkvike25 said:

If he's there.
He is according to the OP draft.  He won't be at 19 in the real draft.