Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Immigration....
Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"BigAl99" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
Yes, in 1.5 months he has created this disaster at the border.  We don't need 4 years to call it a bad idea.  We are in the middle of a pandemic and he has no concern over the covid status of migrants entering the country, spread in detention centers, or their release to go anywhere in the country.  Big fail on prevention of covid spread and on immigration.  This issue is totally on the Biden administration with his Executive Orders in his first week in office.  He can't blame his EO on the Republicans.  He wrote them (supposedly) and signed them.  It's all his, no excuses.
Says the same one who stood and watched far worse happen in 4 years but could not spell disaster. Yes carry on.
No one said it was not a bad situation. A disaster was four years of Trump leadership that some of your normalized. I'll wait for you to repeat you did not vote for him as if that means anything.
The irony is you rushing to pass judgment after 1.5 months but were silent for four years when some of us called out how bad it was and still call out the fact that it is not acceptable today.

So please spare me the new found objectivity. You are the one displaying hypocrisy here not me. Your new found compassion is what some of us have displayed for the past four years and got heat from people like you. So again your behavior is the outlier.

Big fail on COVID spread? Really? Last I check 500K people died under Trump's watch and some of you did not cease calling it a hoax. More people have received the vaccine in two months than they received last year. The number of people contracting COVID is less than what it was under Trump but yes it is a disaster to you. COVID cases peaked on Jan 10 (Trump was the absentee president). Since then the numbers have been going down at a rapid rate (I should add) but carry on, it is a big fail for Biden. I am afraid to ask what you consider success or a big win.

You have the audacity to mention EO. Many of Biden's EOs were to roll back many of the stupid EOs Trump signed in the first place. Lets talk executive orders:
  • Clinton: 364(8 years)
  • W Bush: 291 (8 years)
  • Obama: 276 (8 years)
  • Trump: 220 (4 years)
  • Biden: 37
Quote:
'A lot of what Biden has done has been unwinding what Trump had done,' said Kenneth Mayer, a University of Wisconsin-Madison political scientist and expert on presidential powers and executive actions
...Trump’s first executive order, on the day of his inauguration, was directed squarely at unraveling the Affordable Care Act. But presidential decree could not take away what Congress had ordained, and neither could repeated efforts by Republican lawmakers to vote it out of existence.
...Biden had an executive order on that matter, too. On Thursday he ordered the law’s health insurance markets to reopen for a special sign-up window, giving the uninsured a chance to find coverage in a raging pandemic after the Trump administration had refused to take that step.

Source: haaretz.com
Yeah, again I don't remember you raising any issues with Trump's executive orders even though he was averaging 55 EOs a year a pretty high rate. Some in his first day/week in office!
You really are something. It takes a "special" person to come up with your line of reasoning.
You really need to stay on topic, I was referring to EO's relative to the border and the possibility of covid spread by the migrants being minimally processed, most untested for covid, and released into the US. 

Trump lives rent free inside your head and you cannot discuss anything without bitching about Trump.  Again another whataboutism relative to Trump, your favorite diversionary tactic.  Not taking your Trump bait, go argue about Trump in your mirror.  Your projections about my thinking are so laughable, you do not know me nor my thoughts.  I didn't bitch about Trump on this forum, therefore I must blah, blah, blah   LOL!
Point made about data sets, non normalization of data sets will get you killed in peer review.

LOL, or a big fat grant if you're a "climate change" scientist.
But important to those beyond the first mountain on the D-K mountain range.
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3...%3DApi&f=1]

Quote: @"BigAl99" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"BigAl99" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
Yes, in 1.5 months he has created this disaster at the border.  We don't need 4 years to call it a bad idea.  We are in the middle of a pandemic and he has no concern over the covid status of migrants entering the country, spread in detention centers, or their release to go anywhere in the country.  Big fail on prevention of covid spread and on immigration.  This issue is totally on the Biden administration with his Executive Orders in his first week in office.  He can't blame his EO on the Republicans.  He wrote them (supposedly) and signed them.  It's all his, no excuses.
Says the same one who stood and watched far worse happen in 4 years but could not spell disaster. Yes carry on.
No one said it was not a bad situation. A disaster was four years of Trump leadership that some of your normalized. I'll wait for you to repeat you did not vote for him as if that means anything.
The irony is you rushing to pass judgment after 1.5 months but were silent for four years when some of us called out how bad it was and still call out the fact that it is not acceptable today.

So please spare me the new found objectivity. You are the one displaying hypocrisy here not me. Your new found compassion is what some of us have displayed for the past four years and got heat from people like you. So again your behavior is the outlier.

Big fail on COVID spread? Really? Last I check 500K people died under Trump's watch and some of you did not cease calling it a hoax. More people have received the vaccine in two months than they received last year. The number of people contracting COVID is less than what it was under Trump but yes it is a disaster to you. COVID cases peaked on Jan 10 (Trump was the absentee president). Since then the numbers have been going down at a rapid rate (I should add) but carry on, it is a big fail for Biden. I am afraid to ask what you consider success or a big win.

You have the audacity to mention EO. Many of Biden's EOs were to roll back many of the stupid EOs Trump signed in the first place. Lets talk executive orders:
  • Clinton: 364(8 years)
  • W Bush: 291 (8 years)
  • Obama: 276 (8 years)
  • Trump: 220 (4 years)
  • Biden: 37
Quote:
'A lot of what Biden has done has been unwinding what Trump had done,' said Kenneth Mayer, a University of Wisconsin-Madison political scientist and expert on presidential powers and executive actions
...Trump’s first executive order, on the day of his inauguration, was directed squarely at unraveling the Affordable Care Act. But presidential decree could not take away what Congress had ordained, and neither could repeated efforts by Republican lawmakers to vote it out of existence.
...Biden had an executive order on that matter, too. On Thursday he ordered the law’s health insurance markets to reopen for a special sign-up window, giving the uninsured a chance to find coverage in a raging pandemic after the Trump administration had refused to take that step.

Source: haaretz.com
Yeah, again I don't remember you raising any issues with Trump's executive orders even though he was averaging 55 EOs a year a pretty high rate. Some in his first day/week in office!
You really are something. It takes a "special" person to come up with your line of reasoning.
You really need to stay on topic, I was referring to EO's relative to the border and the possibility of covid spread by the migrants being minimally processed, most untested for covid, and released into the US. 

Trump lives rent free inside your head and you cannot discuss anything without bitching about Trump.  Again another whataboutism relative to Trump, your favorite diversionary tactic.  Not taking your Trump bait, go argue about Trump in your mirror.  Your projections about my thinking are so laughable, you do not know me nor my thoughts.  I didn't bitch about Trump on this forum, therefore I must blah, blah, blah   LOL!
Point made about data sets, non normalization of data sets will get you killed in peer review.

LOL, or a big fat grant if you're a "climate change" scientist.
But important to those beyond the first mountain on the D-K mountain range.
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3...%3DApi&f=1]

The current swell has been rambing up for the last 8 months. There are plenty of graphs out there that show how cyclical this is. It has been happening at least for the last 30 years under presidents from both sides of the aisles. No I do not support Trumps policies. Nor do almost any christian I know.