@"MaroonBells" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
Very cool..

And wow! In MN the rural vs suburbs & urban split is crazy...

The range and those rural areas used to be strong Dem territory too. 
I mean when your Govenor says stuff like this:

“You see those maps,” Walz said at a candidate roundtable on comedy show T2P2 early in his campaign for governor. “Red and blue and there’s all that red across there. And Democrats go into a depression over it. It’s mostly rocks and cows that are in that red area.”

Can you really blame rural people for feeling....a little different?
He might have worded that a little differently. But he's not really wrong. Where there are people there is blue. And by a large margin. 

Personally, I think it's less about population and more about business. Where there is business, people vote blue. And where there are small towns and farms, people vote red. 

Don't really know why that is. If anything you'd think it would be the opposite. 

My take has always been, where there is urban need for social programs you find blue.  Blue gives its money to its voters and Red gives its money to its voters.  Comparing all the people that are in those red towns to cows and rocks is disrespectful (coming from a farm guy).  If it wasn't for the Twin cities metro area MN would be +20% red as would most places in the country. 

On your business idea, it would be interesting to see the % of employers/employees in red vs blue areas?  Are there more small business per capita in either?  Larger ones? etc.  I think you'd need to know that to draw any conclusions about which side business owners vs employees are voting for? 

Or is it flat out per capita church attendance?
Do you really think that? Because your first sentence literally drew tears I laughed so hard. 

In a normal political climate, this would be a different discussion. But Trumpism is a whole different thing. I've been saying this since before he was elected. It's not about left/right politics as usual. It's not about marginal tax rates or small vs. big government or social programs. It's not about policy at all. It's mostly about Trump. You either think he's crazy or you glamorized his crazy as the "fresh voice of an outsider."

See, I don't know a single working person who supported Trump. Sure, there's my 80 year old parents, the crazy sister in law, a family of distant cousins in Kansas I haven't seen in 30 years. But none of them work. Not even on farms. They supported Trump.

But among the hundreds of people I know who work in offices--HR and IT staff, legal, finance, marketing, sales, etc--people who have meetings and deadlines and who understand the value of education, diversity, critical thinking and emotional intelligence, I can't think of a single Trump supporter. Not a one. And I doubt too many of them were thinking about "social programs" when they pulled the blue lever.

Take Trumpism out of the equation, it's a whole different breakdown. You'll get a lot more of those folks pulling red levers, especially in the suburbs. Urban will always vote blue, rural will always vote red. The race is in the suburbs and blue won them this time not because of social programs but because of Trump. 

Half the country that actually voted, voted for Trump.  You either need to expand your circles or you have a bunch of liars as friends.  The chances that you know 100s of people and none of them voted for Trump is almost statistically impossible. 
Not in the city. Most of the people I know live in or near the city. Look for yourself. Every neighborhood in Denver voted roughly 9 to 1 for Biden. It's the same in most cities. Have you looked at the map? 
Exactly. Even with 9/10s Biden support if you know hundreds of people you statistically know 10s of Trump voters. 

You have closet Trump voters for friends. They wont admit it to you but it is what it is. Its similar here. Trump supporters make up 9/10th of the voters and Biden voters dont want to rock the apple cart. 
OK, BadAtMath, if my neighborhood voted 1200 to 160 for Biden, it's possible, even likely, that i would not encounter a cultist. 

Oh and they don't have to admit it. You can spot them a mile away...

[Image: 9442056_010721-cc-GettyImages-qanon-sham...jpg?w=1600]

" Taking one small fact about a place, group or people, and using it to color the whole. "

you dont even smell you own stink do you?

Nope he sure doesn't.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
Very cool..

“You see those maps,” Walz said at a candidate roundtable on comedy show T2P2 early in his campaign for governor. “Red and blue and there’s all that red across there. And Democrats go into a depression over it. It’s mostly rocks and cows that are in that red area.”

He might have worded that a little differently. But he's not really wrong. Where there are people there is blue. And by a large margin. 

Personally, I think it's less about population and more about business. Where there is business, people vote blue. And where there are small towns and farms, people vote red. 

Don't really know why that is. If anything you'd think it would be the opposite. 

My take has always been, where there is urban need for social programs you find blue.  Blue gives its money to its voters and Red gives its money to its voters.  Comparing all the people that are in those red towns to cows and rocks is disrespectful (coming from a farm guy).  If it wasn't for the Twin cities metro area MN would be +20% red as would most places in the country. 

On your business idea, it would be interesting to see the % of employers/employees in red vs blue areas?  Are there more small business per capita in either?  Larger ones? etc.  I think you'd need to know that to draw any conclusions about which side business owners vs employees are voting for? 

Do you really think that? Because your first sentence literally drew tears I laughed so hard. 

In a normal political climate, this would be a different discussion. But Trumpism is a whole different thing. I've been saying this since before he was elected. It's not about left/right politics as usual. It's not about marginal tax rates or small vs. big government or social programs. It's not about policy at all. It's mostly about Trump. You either think he's crazy or you glamorized his crazy as the "fresh voice of an outsider."

See, I don't know a single working person who supported Trump. Sure, there's my 80 year old parents, the crazy sister in law, a family of distant cousins in Kansas I haven't seen in 30 years. But none of them work. Not even on farms. They supported Trump.

But among the hundreds of people I know who work in offices--HR and IT staff, legal, finance, marketing, sales, etc--people who have meetings and deadlines and who understand the value of education, diversity, critical thinking and emotional intelligence, I can't think of a single Trump supporter. Not a one. And I doubt too many of them were thinking about "social programs" when they pulled the blue lever.

Take Trumpism out of the equation, it's a whole different breakdown. You'll get a lot more of those folks pulling red levers, especially in the suburbs. Urban will always vote blue, rural will always vote red. The race is in the suburbs and blue won them this time not because of social programs but because of Trump. 

Half the country that actually voted, voted for Trump.  You either need to expand your circles or you have a bunch of liars as friends.  The chances that you know 100s of people and none of them voted for Trump is almost statistically impossible. 
Not in the city. Most of the people I know live in or near the city. Look for yourself. Every neighborhood in Denver voted roughly 9 to 1 for Biden. It's the same in most cities. Have you looked at the map? 
Exactly. Even with 9/10s Biden support if you know hundreds of people you statistically know 10s of Trump voters. 

You have closet Trump voters for friends. They wont admit it to you but it is what it is. Its similar here. Trump supporters make up 9/10th of the voters and Biden voters dont want to rock the apple cart. 
OK, BadAtMath, if my neighborhood voted 1200 to 160 for Biden, it's possible, even likely, that i would not encounter a cultist. 

" Taking one small fact about a place, group or people, and using it to color the whole. "

C'mon Jimmy you know this is what you wear on the weekend. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
Very cool..

C'mon Jimmy you know this is what you wear on the weekend. 
not just on the weekends

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
Very cool..

Its admittedly been 20+ years since I've had a statistics class.  A guess looking at the numbers would be well into the 90s in confidence that you know a closet Trump supporter.  It pretty early to go dig through my files to actually do the math though.