Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Over/Under teams changing qbs
Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@Wetlander said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
My new favorite quote on the situation is the CEO saying "We are not idiots, he will be back". Riiiight because your first two draft picks were QB and RB instead of taking a much needed WR in the draft. 
I kind of feel like GB looked at what Rodgers had done the past two years (completion percentage dropped way down and his TD rate dropped for two straight seasons) and felt he was declining...  hence the reason they drafted Love.

If they thought that, it seems obvious they were wrong after what Rodgers did this season.

It probably was. To counter that, then explain drafting a running back in the 2nd round when you starter ran for 1100 yards and 16 tds. I just found his comments rather funny considering both picks were head scratching considering they were not high on their needs
Both Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams (top 2 RBs) are FAs now.  Green Bay's draft was essentially all about planning for the future.  They grabbed a future QB to replace Rodgers and a RB to replace either Jones and/or Williams if they couldn't re-sign them after the season.

The comments from Murphy are funny though...  they really miscalculated on Rodgers which is rare when a team sees him everyday.

It'll be interesting to see how Rodgers handles his business this off-season.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@Wetlander said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
My new favorite quote on the situation is the CEO saying "We are not idiots, he will be back". Riiiight because your first two draft picks were QB and RB instead of taking a much needed WR in the draft. 
I kind of feel like GB looked at what Rodgers had done the past two years (completion percentage dropped way down and his TD rate dropped for two straight seasons) and felt he was declining...  hence the reason they drafted Love.

If they thought that, it seems obvious they were wrong after what Rodgers did this season.

It probably was. To counter that, then explain drafting a running back in the 2nd round when you starter ran for 1100 yards and 16 tds. I just found his comments rather funny considering both picks were head scratching considering they were not high on their needs
Both Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams (top 2 RBs) are FAs now.  Green Bay's draft was essentially all about planning for the future.  They grabbed a future QB to replace Rodgers and a RB to replace either Jones and/or Williams if they couldn't re-sign them after the season.
Right, my point is that they must not think Aaron Jones is any good either, although he has been very productive for him. Last year come draft time they basically said they had less faith in both Aaron's which is very mind scratching