Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stafford vs. Cousins
Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
But Stafford is a gun slinger. That ain't Kirk. Trust me, if I could choose between these two, it would be Stafford in a second. His upside is Superbowl winner, for sure. And I say this liking Cousins. 
I think Kirk could be that guy,  look at how much better he looks when he is able to spread things out and let it fly with no concern of trying to sell the run,  I honestly think he looks more comfortable and accurate when he doesn't have to turn his back to the LOS for the play fake.  He s a smart enough guy and has seen enough to read anything pre snap.  He's got a good enough arm that if he isn't forced to rush his mechanics he can deliver about any ball.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
But Stafford is a gun slinger. That ain't Kirk. Trust me, if I could choose between these two, it would be Stafford in a second. His upside is Superbowl winner, for sure. And I say this liking Cousins. 
I think Kirk could be that guy,  look at how much better he looks when he is able to spread things out and let it fly with no concern of trying to sell the run,  I honestly think he looks more comfortable and accurate when he doesn't have to turn his back to the LOS for the play fake.  He s a smart enough guy and has seen enough to read anything pre snap.  He's got a good enough arm that if he isn't forced to rush his mechanics he can deliver about any ball.
But he's never been that guy, its what Gruden insinuated when Cousins left: Kirk pre-snaps a lot of reads, Stafford is a true gun slinger. Its what Gruden meant when Cousins read that criticism and responded this way: "Yeah, I'd throw 30 INTs'. And Gruden said: 'Yeah but he'd throw 45 TDs, too'.

Kirk doesn't have a gun slinger personality, it ain't the schemes or the coaches.

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
But he's never been that guy, its what Gruden insinuated when Cousins left: Kirk pre-snaps a lot of reads, Stafford is a true gun slinger. Its what Gruden meant when Cousins read that criticism and responded this way: "Yeah, I'd throw 30 INTs'. And Gruden said: 'Yeah but he'd throw 45 TDs, too'.

Kirk doesn't have a gun slinger personality, it ain't the schemes or the coaches.

Hes at his best when we have to play hurry up and he is able to see the field the whole play,  he can pre snap that and be more comfortable improvising from there is his first read is taken away since he has seen the whole play as the defense moves instead if turning around and starting from there.  Maybe he would suck,   but from what we've seen when he's behind and get to play from the gun he seems pretty comfortable back there letting it fly.

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

Sidetrack: Gruden is an idiot

I think theyre about equal. And for that reason I’d say yes to a swap. 

We’ve tried winning with one of them. The results have been so-so. So if we have a chance to swap, it’s a no-brainer. At worst we continue to not get to to the NFCCG. 

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

I don't know that Kirk's had more than a handful of consecutive games in his whole career where he was really enabled to air it out.  With Zimmer's clock control fetish, Cousins was tasked with handoffs and moving the chains (when he could stay upright) until the team inevitably fell behind.

I don't think he lacks ambition, his ability to make big throws proves that.  I think he's played within the lane(s) drawn for him by his teams and coaches.

As for Stafford's "gun slinging", he's not as accurate nor has he ever won in the postseason.  As bad as Detroit is, the same judgements that supposedly damn Cousins should be laid on Stafford the same way.