Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stafford vs. Cousins
This is a totally moot point as this exchange could never happen, but curious if anyone would take Stafford over Cousins. I tend to agree with a tweet I read earlier that said if the teams traded QBs, neither team would notice the difference. 

https://twitter.com/Forester932/status/1...64928?s=20

Fans mostly are easily swayed by things like the media and perception, especially when it comes to players not on their favorite teams where they don't know much. If you asked them why they feel strongly about anything specific, you'd probably be underwhelmed with the answer. Same with politics.

Watching Stafford earlier this year in a few games it struck me that he's basically Kirk.  A little more able to run around and make splashy plays, more prone to big bonehead plays at times.  But the end results are about the same.  Puts up numbers, doesn't win most of the meaningful games.

Cousins is way more durable, I'll keep him over Stafford.

Quote: @Carl Knowles said:
Cousins is way more durable, I'll keep him over Stafford.
https://twitter.com/DustBaker/status/135...43366?s=20

They are about equally talented,   just not at exactly the same things in the same way.  I would say it's a toss up.  But I would stay with Cousins at this point if I had to choose. 

I would rank them in the same QB tier to be honest.

Both put up good seasons stats, but make enough mistakes to keep their teams from winning consistently.

In terms of which one you'd want, I think it depends on how you construct your team and what type of offense you run.  For example, Zimmer prefers a balanced offense with a strong run game and play action passing to pick up chunk yards through the air.  Cousins is a very good play action passer (one of the best in the NFL actually) so he would be a much better fit for our offense. 

If your offense operated primarily out of the shotgun or pistol and spread teams out I think Stafford would be better suited for that.  He's a better volume passer than Kirk.

Just my two cents.

I see no reason to want Stafford over Kirk, especially with our OG play being the biggest problem for the offense...well, that and coaching that won't let it get serious about scoring until we're behind.

Neither will ever play in the Superbowl unless they are a back-up

But Stafford is a gun slinger. That ain't Kirk. Trust me, if I could choose between these two, it would be Stafford in a second. His upside is Superbowl winner, for sure. And I say this liking Cousins.