Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT Buck's boycott game 5 with Magic
Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

What I seem to never hear from the "right of center" is any outrage or even disdain for the social injustices and systemic racism in the US.  Something that remains insidiously pervasive to this very day. 

That's incredibly insightful in and of itself. 
Perhaps you have faulty expectations, what are you expecting?  For example, how can I do something about an injustice in WI or MN when I am more than 1000 miles away?  I have no means of effecting change.  I could march locally in support of injustice but that would not have an impact because it is not an issue in my area. I would never march hand in hand with those who riot, destroy property, or are racist against me because I am white.  YMMV.
I don't believe from what sounds like a learned man like you,  that you dont believe change can be effected.

Change is possible within the state but near impossible for someone many states away to institute change in WI or MN.  I will not support, in any form, a group that is rioting, damaging property, assaulting police, and racist in their commentary.  YMMV

Or that this isn't one big country. Not sure how United we are anymore and the current Potus is far from a uniting and healing entity. 

Rioting is really creating unity, isn't it?!  BLM has lost creditability with their commentary.

Someone earlier on some thread brought up the Boston Tea Party.

Think of our fore-fathers and mothers in the 1700's...Once they heard the news of the riots in Boston? Throwing tea off those ships? Plenty of people got involved and made change happen. 

It's what we do as Americans, its whats separated us from so much of the rest of the world and why so many lost their lives fighting here and in foreign lands. 

Very difficult to side with current voices expressed by Antifa and BLM.  They're not winning hearts and minds with their violence in many cities.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
My mental basketball court says "NBA doesn't matter" and hasn't since the days of Magic, Bird, and Jordan.  Clearly prefer the college game, the goal is win a BB game and not political statements.  Really missed March Madness, always like to cheer for the underdogs to take it all!  Hope we have a college season this year!  NBA can fold for all care. 

Will say it again, pro sports are committing suicide.  And fine by me.  Cuz if the sad part is that Lebron can't even enjoy a playoff win, what is the point?
If that were the case, then so be it. I would rather people stand up and speak out against injustice and inequality instead of remaining silent. If you are silent, you are complicit. I don't think sports are committing suicide though. They have an incredible platform. With such a platform comes incredible responsibility. I am glad they are taking this moment to do what is right. 

Quote: @"SFVikeFan" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Ol' single track reminds us once more what's really important....

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/12990...18305?s=20
I mean he’s not wrong. 

So from my apolitical adopted father in law who coached 10ish state champion football teams and had sucessfull basketball teams with some champs in there as well. So certainly not a casual fan of sports. 

He says he’s hanging up watching sports. He went 6 months without them. He’s tierd of the primadonnas and all the political BS. 

And there’s tens of millions of Americans, many of them young and desperately wanting change, tired of the apathy and lack of empathy from the crabby ass old white men who don’t give a shit about other Americans.

We’ll see who has more of an impact on the future of this country.

Trump and Republicans want to pull this country backwards, the rest of us want to move forward with the rest of the world.  There’s going to be a shitload of old bitter white people left behind in the next few decades, and I’m not the least bit sad about it.
It was just an observation. He’s the last person I would have ever expected say F sports 

Quote: @"SFVikeFan" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

I mean he’s not wrong. 

So from my apolitical adopted father in law who coached 10ish state champion football teams and had sucessfull basketball teams with some champs in there as well. So certainly not a casual fan of sports. 

He says he’s hanging up watching sports. He went 6 months without them. He’s tierd of the primadonnas and all the political BS. 

And there’s tens of millions of Americans, many of them young and desperately wanting change, tired of the apathy and lack of empathy from the crabby ass old white men who don’t give a shit about other Americans.

Trump and Republicans want to pull this country backwards, the rest of us want to move forward with the rest of the world.  There’s going to be a shitload of old bitter white people left behind in the next few decades, and I’m not the least bit sad about it.
Word. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"SFVikeFan" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

I mean he’s not wrong. 

Word. 
Oh hey, as the father of 13 year olds, I'm told that "word" is a dad word. The modern response to this would be "facts." ;-)