Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT Buck's boycott game 5 with Magic
Probably a sensitive topic so thats what I put it as? 

So, I guess the Buck's aren't playing tonight and neither are the Magic in protest to police brutality.  What is the next move here?  Will they play game 6?  Will any NBA teams play in the playoffs anymore?  What else can we heap on in 2020? 

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1298715312594927617

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Wow.
Yes, tells me that the internet, social media, and for a profit news model has brought out the worst in Americans, in civil humans.

Lakers, Clippers push to end season after Bucks protest Jacob Blake shootingNBA players and coaches held an impromptu meeting at the Disney bubble to discuss plans following the postponement of three playoff games on Wednesday, including the Milwaukee Bucks-Orlando Magic game in which Milwaukee players staged a walk-out before the start of Game 5 of the first-round series. The Lakers and Clippers were among the minority of teams that are pushing to end the season, according to Sham Charania of The Athletic. LeBron James said in the meeting he wants the team owners to be more involved and take action.  
The protest comes in response to the shooting of an unarmed Black man named Jacob Blake in Kenosha, Wisconsin, on Sunday. Shortly after the Bucks made a statement by not playing, the Rockets and Thunder decided to also not play today, as well as the Lakers and Trail Blazers.
Bucks owners Marc Lasry, Wes Edens and Jamie Dinan released the following joint statement: 
"We fully support out players and the decision they made. Although we did not know beforehand, we would have wholeheartedly agreed with them. The only way to bring about change is to shine a light on the racial injustices that are happening in front of us. Our players have done that and we will continue to stand alongside them and demand accountability and change."
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-boycott-live-updates-lakers-clippers-push-to-end-season-after-bucks-protest-jacob-blake-shooting/live/

I was too young in the 60's to recall the March on Washington, MLK speech, Selma and all the other milestones that have gotten us to where we are in America today. 

I love my country, but damn.

Where we are today is shameful...

[Image: 1598545170_17877201+1guard082029.jpg?aut...clip&h=299]

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]