Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If The Vikings Played This Weekend
Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
@"JR44" said:
Unfortunately, I think this weekend would be the only time the Vikings would be able to play a game.  As teams go further into camp, I do not see how they are going to end up playing.  Goodell is really going to push it, but I just don't see it.  I also would be opposed to playing in a bubble, I don't really find what the NBA is doing to be valid in terms of producing a true champion.  
The NBA and NHL are focusing on player and staff safety and minimizing risks. Valid champion or not, that is priority number one as it should be. Also the additional travel could be putting more people at risk as shown by MLB.
If player safety was truly the priority then they would have cancelled the season.  Money is by far the priority and they are doing all they can to ensure the games are played. I don't believe it's the travel that is the risk as the players are flying in private planes, but it is what the players are doing when they are on the road.  I totally agree the bubble may be the only way, I just don't like the idea of players being locked up and away from their families for 5 months and would prefer they just cancel.    

Quote: @"JR44" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"JR44" said:
Unfortunately, I think this weekend would be the only time the Vikings would be able to play a game.  As teams go further into camp, I do not see how they are going to end up playing.  Goodell is really going to push it, but I just don't see it.  I also would be opposed to playing in a bubble, I don't really find what the NBA is doing to be valid in terms of producing a true champion.  
The NBA and NHL are focusing on player and staff safety and minimizing risks. Valid champion or not, that is priority number one as it should be. Also the additional travel could be putting more people at risk as shown by MLB.
If player safety was truly the priority then they would have cancelled the season.  Money is by far the priority and they are doing all they can to ensure the games are played. I don't believe it's the travel that is the risk as the players are flying in private planes, but it is what the players are doing when they are on the road.  I totally agree the bubble may be the only way, I just don't like the idea of players being locked up and away from their families for 5 months and would prefer they just cancel.    

The bubble is showing differently than MLB. Obviously canceling should be an option but the sports were going to give it a go. And money was definitely a factor. Time will tell how it works out.

Now imagine if on Saturday, two off your starting offensive linemen test positive. (assuming one isn't Elflein). You are basically screwed. Then Tuesday rolls around, only to discover it was one or both false positives. In a 16 game season, there is no margin for error. After the bountygate game, we all know the NFL is willing to put their thumb on the scale. I just cant see any way the are going to be able to have a season. Every team besides Green Bay will most likely lose a key player at a critical time.

I don't know what to think at this point.  The hysteria at this point is worse then the disease.  We have not seeing mass admissions and really have no idea what a positive test means.  The youngest age group 0-18 when tested positive is seeing a 67% rate of never showing any signs or symptoms....ever. 

I do not buy the CDC numbers as they are way to Raw with no vetting.  There was a news article about a Nurse that died at 30 initial cause was stated as covid, turned out she did not even have it and it was a kidney disease that killed her (untreated because it was thought she had covid).  A 20 year died and they stated covid until the toxicology came back turned out she had high count of meth.  Again not saying the disease is not dangerous but at this point you would think they would have it figured out in some levels of threat.  Another was a gal that had cancer was cleared and she became ill, doctors assumed it was covid...turned out be cancer.  

Here is a study from NBC News Reports:
217 people who were on a cruise ship from Australia to Antarctica and were tested for the new coronavirus. While 59% of those people tested positive for the virus, only 19% of them showed symptoms of Covid-19, according to the study. That means 81% of the people who tested positive for the new coronavirus were asymptomatic, NBC News reports.

Which leads a very different mortality rate
 Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security, said, "The current best estimates for the infection fatality risk are between 0.5% and 1%," which is dramatically lower than the United States' current calculated Covid-19 case fatality rate of 5.9%. 

Right now the county I live in is seeing more and more positives....because they are testing more and more.  Not sure what the end game will be as the county health wants to be on top of it but also just sponsored an event where a group of teenager gathered. 

I deal with it everyday because my wife works in a Nursing home and they have it there.  I have my camper ready for the quarantine time of 10 days (if isolated) if she test positive (14 for the one that test positive).  But again there is no definitive answer to what a positive test means other then you have to isolate.