Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If The Vikings Played This Weekend
if the Vikings played this weekend i don’t think they could stop anyone from running right up 5e middle with Barr out and no run stopper tackle in the middle.

I am afraid this year is going to be a mess as it will all depend on when you played them.  Suppose Rodgers goes down with the virus and is out for two weeks?  I didn’t look at the schedule but say it occurred as when they have to play the Vikings and the Bears.

say we loose Cousins in the same scenario?

Quote: @"ThunderGod" said:
if the Vikings played this weekend i don’t think they could stop anyone from running right up 5e middle with Barr out and no run stopper tackle in the middle.

I am afraid this year is going to be a mess as it will all depend on when you played them.  Suppose Rodgers goes down with the virus and is out for two weeks?  I didn’t look at the schedule but say it occurred as when they have to play the Vikings and the Bears.

say we loose Cousins in the same scenario?
losing Pierce will certainly hurt our ability to stop the run up the middle,  having Barr not in there might actually improve middle run defense,  he is ok on the edges but his ability to fill a hole at the LOS is suspect IMO.

Wonder if they will test everyone before game time or on Saturday night.   No5ing like last minute scratches to screw up a game plan.

Quote: @"ThunderGod" said:
Wonder if they will test everyone before game time or on Saturday night.   No5ing like last minute scratches to screw up a game plan.
I appreciate your optimism that there will be games.

Quote: @"Nichelle" said:
@"ThunderGod" said:
I guess someone has to be. I am generally an optimist but things are not looking good for sports without a bubble.

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
@"Nichelle" said:
@"ThunderGod" said:
I guess someone has to be. I am generally an optimist but things are not looking good for sports without a bubble.
Completely understood. I really do appreciate the optimism. My days could use a little more sunshine Smile I've lost all hope for a season without some drastic change and different results. I will be watching the NBA season even though I haven't closely followed basketball in years. And I thought I would be watching a little baseball. But, welp.

As for football, including the scenario with no Pierce, no Barr, etc. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around what those games would look like.

Anyone else remember "scab ball?"

That's what NFL could look like this season - with no bubble. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Anyone else remember "scab ball?"

That's what NFL could look like this season - with no bubble. 
This will be lot better, because if the season continues, the players we'll see will be actual players. It will definitely be an asterisk year though.

Man, I hated scab ball. Could the Vikings have been playing at home in that Washington title game without the strike? The strike also struck my Reds. That split season, the Reds had the best record in baseball if you combined both seasons, but since it didn't work that way, they didn't even make the playoffs. Team with the best record in baseball didn't make the playoffs. smh

Unfortunately, I think this weekend would be the only time the Vikings would be able to play a game.  As teams go further into camp, I do not see how they are going to end up playing.  Goodell is really going to push it, but I just don't see it.  I also would be opposed to playing in a bubble, I don't really find what the NBA is doing to be valid in terms of producing a true champion.  

Quote: @"JR44" said:
Unfortunately, I think this weekend would be the only time the Vikings would be able to play a game.  As teams go further into camp, I do not see how they are going to end up playing.  Goodell is really going to push it, but I just don't see it.  I also would be opposed to playing in a bubble, I don't really find what the NBA is doing to be valid in terms of producing a true champion.  
The NBA and NHL are focusing on player and staff safety and minimizing risks. Valid champion or not, that is priority number one as it should be. Also the additional travel could be putting more people at risk as shown by MLB.