Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Case closed.
(cont)

“These are usually very commercially available tests that every research lab uses; molecular biology labs across the world use these,” Mina said. “They’re very common and we don’t normally worry about them going out of stock. But at the moment, they are out of stock.’’Mina said that not only is the Qiagen product on backorder, so is another that might be used, from Roche. But part of the problem is that those reagents are used on different pieces of laboratory equipment made by their respective manufacturers. All labs wouldn’t have both.
“I would love to say, yes, there’s all these different options,” Mina said. “But we really run into problems because we can’t actually use these kits if we don’t have the instruments for them.”
The Food and Drug Administration said that it is monitoring the issue, and it hosted a webinar and town hall last week for the laboratory community as well as fielded questions from manufacturers about “alternative reagents, extraction methods, and platforms.” The agency also posted an FAQ page Tuesday on coronavirus diagnostic testing that lists potential alternatives. Mina said he was unsure that the page would speed up getting tests running, but said it at least clarified what needed to be done.
But the chemical for extracting RNA did not seem to be the only product running short as the U.S. tries to quickly ramp up its testing capacity. On Friday, Christopher Freeman, a laboratory administrator at Columbia University, sent an email to colleagues pleading for another product, used for storing RNA, made by Invitrogen, a unit of lab tools giant Thermo Fisher. He said his lab hoped to validate its Covid-19 test over the weekend, but that it needed the “a basic yet critical reagent that is required as per the FDA submission.” He asked if any laboratory had the reagent stocked in its laboratory.
A Columbia spokesperson said that the lab received a six-month supply of the necessary reagent from New York state and is in the process of validating its test. A Thermo Fisher spokesman said that the Invitrogen product should not be in short supply.
But some experts in the laboratory industry say that shortages may partly be the result of trying to have labs ready their diagnostics too quickly, and that preparations should have begun months ago.
Mike Pellini, a doctor and longtime diagnostics executive, said that it has been too difficult for new tests to come online and be reimbursed. In this case, work that should have taken two months has had to be “crammed into a few days or a week,”  said Pellini, now a managing partner at Section 32, a venture capital firm.
“Industry has been prepared to engage for a while, but there was little receptivity on the other side until last week,” Pellini said.

IOW^^^ the scientific community is not without blame re:  "test kit" preparedness.  
And I'll say again, I think any argument between an Ivy-League MBA (Trump) and an Ivy-League lawyer (Obama) is superfluous. 
Who knew the best-equipped  POTUS candidate 3 yrs ago would have been a black pediatric brain-surgeon, who would have eaten Wuhan virus, for breakfast.  
Ben Carson.  

You lost me at “all 3 found no obstruction”

LOL

Read the Mueller report.  Obstruction was found on 10+  instances, but he couldn’t prosecute Trump as he was a sitting President.   Either you are horribly misinformed or purposely glossing over basic facts to suit your agenda.  Thousands of federal prosecutors came forward that they have successfully charged and prosecuted other cases with far less evidence.  Barr buried it, just as he said he would before ever being hired or seeing the evidence which is why he was hired to begin with. 

I have no interest reading some novella length diatribe of someone who refuses to acknowledge basic facts.

So Solomon - how many of the applications?  I already asked and you chose to bluster about tilting windmills with no factual response.  Spell it out.  Carter Page obviously, who else?  Name them. 

So a question.  

If the FBI/DOJ submitted a FISA warrant telling a judge that Carter Page was working with the Russians, so they need to spy on him and others in the Trump campaign, and it was later learned that they knew beforehand that he has been a CIA employee working for the US government spying on Russia for years (and it had nothing to do with Trump and Russia) isn’t that a problem?

And a second.

If the same FBI/DOJ who knew ... leaked to the press that Page was working for Trump to get Russia help (knowing he wasn’t) ... so that people were misguided in believing there was collusion between Russia and Trump ... shouldn’t there be a special counsel?

Quote: @"savannahskol" said:
(cont)

And I'll say again, I think any argument between an Ivy-League MBA (Trump) and an Ivy-League lawyer (Obama) is superfluous. 

Who knew the best-equipped  POTUS candidate 3 yrs ago would have been a black pediatric brain-surgeon, who would have eaten Wuhan virus, for breakfast.  
Ben Carson.  

Wait wait wait ....

do you seriously think Trump has an MBA???

LOL

I’m dying here

All that typing and you can’t get basic facts about your hero correct.

Trump has a BACHELOR’s in Economics from Penn from 1968.  Never made the Dean’s List.  No academic awards.  And most certainly NOT an MBA.

Comparing a bought and paid for bachelor’s degree from a shitty student whose rich Daddy donated millions so little Donny could say he has a degree, to Obama who graduated with a JD from Harvard Law School and went on to teach Constitutional Law IS SUPERFLUOUS.

You should quit while you’re ahead Savannah.  Like Trump, you ramble on for pages/hours without saying anything meaningful, get basic facts wrong, and expect others to be dazzled by the showmanship and effort. 

Fucking hilarious.  I haven’t laughed this hard in months.  Trump has an MBA but can’t type, spell or speak English.

LMAO

Quote: @"SFVikeFan" said:
@"savannahskol" said:
(cont)

Ben Carson.  

Wait wait wait ....

do you seriously think Trump has an MBA???

LOL

I’m dying here

All that typing and you can’t get basic facts about your hero correct.

Trump has a BACHELOR’s in Economics from Penn from 1968.  Never made the Dean’s List.  No academic awards.  And most certainly NOT an MBA.

Comparing a bought and paid for bachelor’s degree from a shitty student whose rich Daddy donated millions so little Donny could say he has a degree, to Obama who graduated with a JD from Harvard Law School and went on to teach Constitutional Law IS SUPERFLUOUS.

You should quit while you’re ahead Savannah.  Like Trump, you ramble on for pages/hours without saying anything meaningful, get basic facts wrong, and expect others to be dazzled by the showmanship and effort. 

Fucking hilarious.  I haven’t laughed this hard in months.  Trump has an MBA but can’t type, spell or speak English.

LMAO

Well I stand corrected.  My bad. 
I had read that he graduated from the Wharton School @UPenn.....and I (wrongly) assumed that 
was the name of the MBA program.... ala Kellogg @ Northwestern.  

Apparently, Wharton is the name of BOTH the undergrad AND the MBA program.... which led to my confusion.  

My confusion is shared by many, according to this Wharton grad....who responded thusly to the same question:

Did Donald Trump actually graduate from the Wharton School as he claims?

quora  respondent Gayle Laakmann McDowell 
Yes.

Let me start with this: I can’t stand Trump. So there is zero pro-Trump bias here. I also got my undergraduate degree from Penn (Engineering) and my MBA from Wharton. So I know the lingo, so to speak.
There are many things to attack Trump for, but this isn’t one of them.
Trump says he attended the Wharton School of Finance. This is essentially true. It was called at that time “the Wharton School of Finance and Commerce”, but I’ll give him a break about cutting off two words of the name.
Wharton has both an undergraduate program and a graduate program. The undergrads are absolutely considered “real” Wharton students, even by the MBAs. It’s a somewhat different program, of course — a masters in computer science is also different from a bachelors. But both are absolutely degrees from their respective programs.
In fact, most MBA students I knew considered the undergraduate program to be more rigorous and intense than the MBA program—and the undergrads to be academically stronger. I do not feel like the MBA students “looked down” on the undergrads. They were obviously younger and less experienced, but very bright.
Note that this does not mean Wharton was super competitive to get in at that time, or that the undergraduate program was more rigorous at the time. I can only speak to the present day. However, it’s my basic understanding that business programs, and especially MBA programs, have gotten much more popular in the last 50 years. It’s quite possible that the undergraduate program was actually harder to get into than the MBA program back then. Or not. Lots can change.
Some people argue that his degree / major was really in Econ, because his degree was a “BS in Economics.” All Wharton undergrads get a BS in Economics. Then they concentrate in something else, like marketing. A concentration is basically equivalent to a major. I believe Trump’s concentration was in real estate.
Now, to some, this is confusing. Undergraduate programs in business aren’t that common, so they hear “Wharton” and they think “MBA.” Nonetheless, when Trump says that he got a degree from the Wharton School of Finance, this is essentially totally correct and how many other Wharton undergrads would say it too.
As much as I wish Trump hadn’t attended my alma mater, I don’t find there to be anything wrong with Trump saying that he graduated from the Wharton School of Finance. He did.
The only thing I find objectionable is that he uses this to show off. Elite schools were not that hard to get into back then, particularly for a white non-Jewish boy from a rich family, with every advantage thrown his way. And, come on. Why are you showing off about something that is at best moderately “neat” that you did when you were 20?

https://www.quora.com/

I am just giving you shit, sorry it came out harsher than I intended. 

Many people have indeed made the same assumption for the same reasons you listed.  And yes Trump does it purposely to make it sound like he was in the grad program.  Like all things he does it’s pure boasting and trying to overhype his accomplishments.