Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blair Walsh explains taunting of Vikings, says it was in jest - 247Sports
He never really ever had a problem with the long field goals. it was the short chip shots that he struggled with and apparently it's still a problem as he showed us last night. So hlad he's not our problem anymore. Bye, see ya!  

Blair did not handle this properly

The only problem I really had with all of it...

We walked on eggshells with the guy towards the end. We practically employed a person who did nothing but check shit off of a "pre kick superstition" list making sure Blair was in the zone. ... not really, but you know what I mean. Everything had to be perfect for the guy so nothing was in his head...

So flash to the game the other day; Blairs out there pointing fingers, throwing DX crotch chops... real point being: he was out there creating pressure on himself, and responded well to it. 

That dynamic stood out to me.

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
Stay classy, Blair.  I defended this guy heading into his final season with us...  but his recent comments/actions make him seem like a head case.  Fuck him.
The miss was from 52 I believe.  But I am in Seattle home territory so I had home town announcers and it was awful listening to the slober over 3rd stringers making random plays.

But the worst was watching a series of commercials with Walsh talking about his story.  We all had a great laugh we he said he thrives under pressure of the big kicks.

Quote: @"Lady SkoLinda" said:
He never really ever had a problem with the long field goals. it was the short chip shots that he struggled with and apparently it's still a problem as he showed us last night. So hlad he's not our problem anymore. Bye, see ya!  
What does this mean? You are not the only person saying he missed a short attempt. I must have missed it along with the stat guys on all sites.
He missed a 53 yard attempt not left not right. Right down the middle hit the cross bar and bounced backwards.

It was always something with Blair. Kicking outside at TCF it was the wind. Inside it was the laces were turned wrong or it was a new holder or they are are considering bringing in competition.  Blair was inconsistent under pressure and it was past time for him to leave.

If he comes around to his rookie form in Seattle good for him. Personally, I'm glad the guy is gone. I don't care if he goes on to have success. For us, he was very inconsistent and there toward the end every time he lined up for a kick I thought he'd miss. He thought he'd miss too. Goodbye, Putz...