Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blair Walsh explains taunting of Vikings, says it was in jest - 247Sports
[img]//t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgS8Pp8TSqiHEHBzx9woKxw1senTcRYJjnxkVPXHCIWNEFNxkXeAW9tfOLXF4V19JNXHvh_VtE[/img]
247Sports

Blair Walsh explains taunting of Vikings, says it was in jest
247Sports
Blair Walsh created a stir on Friday night when he taunted the Minnesota Vikings and some of his former teammates in the process. The kicker, now with the Seattle Seahawks, shared his side of the story after the 20-13 victory for his team. Here is a ...

Source: tag:news.google.com,2005:cluster=http://min.247sports.com/ContentGallery/Blair-Walsh-Minnesota-Vikings-taunting-Seattle-Seahawks-106302191

I'm
sure
he'll
do
great
in
the
preseason
even
probably
the
regular
season,
but
what
could
possibly
go 
wrong
in
playoffs
?

In jest? The team gave him every opportunity, its not like they cut him for zero reason. Whatever. He nailed 2 50+ FGs and then missed a shorter one. Its preseason, Blair. Let's see how those nerves hold up in a pressure situation. Bad karma, dude. I thought he was better than that. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
In jest? The team gave him every opportunity, its not like they cut him for zero reason. Whatever. He nailed 2 50+ FGs and then missed a shorter one. Its preseason, Blair. Let's see how those nerves hold up in a pressure situation. Bad karma, dude. I thought he was better than that. 
Wasn't the miss from over 50 as well?  53 comes to mind.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
You might be right, Jimmy

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
You might be right, Jimmy
I'm just going from a whiskey and beer clogged memory.  I saw the little taunt and thought oh what ever,   he plays for pete carol now so I really wouldn't expect anything less.  I've always thought that team has shown no class under his leadership.  Great to their own, but arrogant to the rest.

Stay classy, Blair.  I defended this guy heading into his final season with us...  but his recent comments/actions make him seem like a head case.  Fuck him.

What the actual fuck? And to all those little kids that wrote letters to him, this sets a poor example. I'm not even mad just surprised maybe disappointed because it's unnecessary bullshit. It's classless. He needs to get his head out.

He now plays for one of the biggest D-bags in the NFL. I would expect no less from a Pete Carrol coached player, playing against his former team.
I tried to be positive with this guy when he was missing kicks, but it was time to cut him loose and now I don't really care about him unless he plays against the Vikings.

I guess you guys didn't hear that he said his gesture was in response to the Vikings bench taunting him as he lined up for the kick, even Carrol mentioned it. If true, pretty clasless by the Vikngs and kinda excuses Walsh's reply, IMHO.